News Britax pioneer is up!

Jessica61624

So it's there, I just haven't found it yet.

This is like a game of where's waldo but I don't know what Waldo looks like! lol

If you look closely on the fromt there is a track with a pinhole(zooming it looks more like a screw) in the center. The track is smaller on the pioneer.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
BRU was among the first to receive them, other stores should follow within the next few weeks!

Reactions: Kac

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Is it just me, or does it look like the seat belt doesn't lay flush against the shell of the car seat? I'm pretty sure having a seat belt not laying flush would drive me and my kids nuts with it pushing into their back....

zactayaus

Is it just me, or does it look like the seat belt doesn't lay flush against the shell of the car seat? I'm pretty sure having a seat belt not laying flush would drive me and my kids nuts with it pushing into their back....

I was wondering the same thing as that's one of the reasons I didn't like the Prosport. Looks very similar.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It doesn't exactly lie flush, but it doesn't poke them in the back, either, at least in my limited experience. The cover pads it nicely.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

I was wondering the same thing as that's one of the reasons I didn't like the Prosport. Looks very similar.

I agree. That's my only issue with the ProSport!

Athena

So, the Pioneer has the part that opens like the click tight, but the belt doesn't go into that, it lies on the top instead? It just seems a bit strange to me.

jgomez411

Dorothy

DD (5.5 yo, 40 #, 44") in the center back of an '05 Silverado crew cab (will move outboard, passenger side soon):
20130723_191909_zps1d7f9689.jpg

She is even wiyh the third click from the top, so this is second from the top. The slots dont exactly match up/are a bit higher than the openings in the cover.
20130723_191925_zpsbf0bb1b0.jpg

Growing room:
20130723_192058_zpsb2a248e6.jpg

ETA: It seems reclined enough without using the carseat's recline feature, but I won't know for sure until DD falls asleep. Also, it seems cushy, but I guess DD will be the judge of that when we finally get around to driving somewhere. I am betting the big, poofy harness pads come off in the first five minutes, though.

The install wasn't terrible, but, if I'm being honest, was a bit confusing. The belt path wasn't intuitive to me, which was complicated by the unused (Click Tight leftover) flap. I think I got it figured out, but I'll probably post some pics in installation after the kids' bedtime.

One final thought: This is our first seat with an adjustable headrest. I dont know why, but I was taken aback by how loose it is. I was afraid I was going break it. I guess I'm just used to the beastly, solid TF, Radian, etc. ;)

ETA: We definitely ended up needing it in recline in that center position. Head slump city... :(

Last edited:

Dorothy

I moved the P70 outboard, and I like it a lot more there. It is so much more reclined that I didn't put the recline foot out. The seatbelt wasn't completely flat in the belt path, and the convenience loop is right in the middle of DD's back. We are going to test the Britax padding!

Posted using the app. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC