Britax Pinnacle 90 and Britax Frontier 90

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Britax Pinnacle 90

Thanks! I'd poked through the last fewposts and first few pages and not seen it.

JessHathFL

So, my son, 3 y 8mo old, is currently FF in a Britax Advocate, but he only has about 1/2 inch before he outgrows the top position for seated height. I was toying with a radian, but I am not convinced turning him RF for however long would be worth it, and when it comes to FF, I much prefer the Britax seats, and their better side protection. Do you all think I am crazy to wait for these new seats to come out, or is there a better option? My older son, 7, is in a Frontier 85, at 52 lbs, but he still has about 1.5" to go until he outgrows the harness and is happy to stay where he is. (originally, when the little guy outgrew his Advocate, I was going to take the Frontier for him, and put the 7yo in a Britax booster, like his oldest brother) Do we think this will be out soon? EeeeeEEEeee car seats are like crack!

Stelvis

I wouldn't buy a Radian for a kid who has almost outgrown the Britax FF. it will only get you about 1/2" more harness height before it's also outgrown.

Personally, I'd put the 3 year old in the FN85 and move the 7 year old to a booster.

Phineasmama

Yeah I'm probably going to end up with the zebra one :p After all I have been begging them to make it for the better part of a year now!

Phineasmama

I think someone was talking about a Webinar in April which would make sense if they are releasing in May. Britax commented on a wall post on FB today that they try to get information out on new products about 30 days before release

mevs mom

I think someone was talking about a Webinar in April which would make sense if they are releasing in May. Britax commented on a wall post on FB today that they try to get information out on new products about 30 days before release

The webinar is April 24. So that really puts them spot on for a may release.

MaKoski

Yeah, boy prints are hard! Just a plain non black or gray cover is fine with me!

A good boy or car obsessed girl print would be tire tracks. My 2 yr old would like it and my 8 yr old brother-in-law would too.

MommyShannon

What "game changing" things are on it though. It seemed like some nice changes but nothing different from existing Britax seats just not on the Frontier.

Jessica61624

What "game changing" things are on it though. It seemed like some nice changes but nothing different from existing Britax seats just not on the Frontier.

From the description on amazon and what he's said its got to be some type of lock off. He said it will make it easier for disabled parents. With latch becoming unusable I think they're focusing on making the seat belt install easier.

Mamasboys

A frontier than installed as easily as one of the convertibles would be game changing for me!

:yeahthatlove: We're a ways off from needing a FF/booster seat, but this would raise my feelings toward the Frontier from lukewarm to love. Even *easy* installs require a 2nd person for me (hand strength/pain problems).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Perhaps NDA/media embargo is being lifted Monday? I'll see if I can comment. Suffice to say someone was thinking ahead for when NHTSA made LATCH all but useless for high weight harness seats!

amelia222

Is it just me that finds the frontier easier to install than the Britax convertibles? If they take away the long belt path option it would be a no-go for me. I can install the frontier with long belt path and a locking clip much easier than using their lock offs or UAS.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC