Question which sbs stroller

Jordynsmama

I like the double snap and go well enough for its purpose-its easy to puch and all, but its so long and it just bugs me especially to take in public-I feel like a specticle with it!

I want to get a SBS now so in a few weeks they can start in it....

Its either the Combi Twin or the PEg Perego twin Aria-
On albeebaby the combi sport twin is 160 in turqoise and its cute with free shipping and the Aria is 300 free shipping in a red or mocha-

Is the Aria better and worth the extra money? It will be used for 3-4 years so its important.

I dont want a short stroller where if I wear heels I have to bend down to push. Im 5'5 so I am not real tall but is the combi short?
Also can u buy a Cup holder to fit on the combi?

TIA

ADS

CarseatDiva

I hated my aria twin! It was not easy to push with Caleb and Aidan, I think with kids the same weight it might have been easier. But I also tried out the Combi and thought that one was too "wiggly" i know, I am not much help. I love my MacLaren SBS, if you could find a cheap one of those you would LOVE it!

seamonkeys

I don't do sbs strollers, ever. But if you want one, there's a Maclaren on swap that looks to be in new shape. I've only ever heard good things about those ones. Can't say the same for the Aria or any Combi stroller.

mominabigtruck

All combi strollers are super short, I'm 5'3" and I find them uncomfortable.

Honestly if you can swing it I would go for a mac, just way better quality and so much easier to use. Although I don't know if you've looked at the new chicco twin trevi? I checked it out last week at bru and looked pretty nice, it didn't fit my needs because of Peyton being so big but it looked like it would work really well and its rated from birth.

Jordynsmama

My only issue with the mac is that it doesnt have the deep seats or the trays and it looks odd to me to put an infant in it. I like the depth of regular strollers and I am always eyeing the macs and of course they look so nice, but that part makes me uncomfortable you klnow, for a 2 month old? What do u think?
I like trays for snacks for older babies. I used to put little veggies or cereal on the tray with J when she was 10 months old or so and it was nice to have.
I would feel an infant wouldnt be secure in the seat I guess.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I had a Inglesina Twin Swift that I bought from Arly1983 here. It was great. The seats reclined way back and it was deep enough for the little girl that I babysat to sleep in. The handles were pretty tall on it. I didn't have a cup holder so what I used was a Skip Hop Duo bag hung from the handlesand put my drink in the pocket of that. Then I also had a few items that I might need stowed in the diaper bag too. I went back to work in December last year so I sold it this summer. It was a great stroller.

I don't know about the other two strollers you listed sorry.

seamonkeys

Mac with the combi as a distant second. OR if you can get a little spendy, the BJCMD.

guess Im not to up on stroller lingo:) what is that?

Baby Jogger City Mini Double. Ask MSK, she has one and is in :love:! I forgot about it - I did try that out in a store recently and it's nice. But pricey - like $400! And you can't buy a tray for the double.

I agree I liked the tray with DS1, but I got over it when using the Phil & Ted for DS2.

Rosey

Look on ebay at the Technos. I think it pushes so much better than the combi. Both sides recline almost flat and I like the fold better than the combi. I just feel like the Combis don't last as long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MACLAREN-TWIN-T...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

And I should ad that I would take the Aria off the list of consideration. I bought one used and it required too much stroller 'maintenance' and it wasn't worth it so I gave it away.

Jordynsmama

I just dont like joggers though. They just arent my style. But I will look into it.
I am also gonna try the kids in a Mac in a few weeks and see what I think.
Thanks

Rosey

The BJCMD is more of a hybrid than a true jogger. I like that it has 4 wheels cause I'm not really a fan of 3 wheels either.

Definitely try out the macs if you can live without the tray. Otherwise, I think the Combi is probably your best bet for sbs with trays. With cuties like that you are still going to be a spectacle though! :)

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
I had an Aria and then sold it to get the Combi. I loved the Aria, but the Combi had better options. If I remember correctly, they were both about the same height. But then again, I'm pretty short. DH never complained about pushing either of them and he's over 6'. The Combi has a tri-fold, so it folds smaller and fits better in the trunk of a car. The Combi does feel kinda wiggly compared to the Aria, but it was sturdy enough. The Combi has much smaller baskets than the Aria. The Aria has child trays, the Combi just has a bar. I also had a Combi single in the same style as my double. My Combi single came with a cup holder attachment, so maybe you can buy them for the double (mine fit perfectly on the double). The Combi has ratcheting sunshades, but the Aria does not. The Combi also has a carry strap for when it's folded. And in both the Aria and the Combi, I was able to fit my Evenflo Embrace infant carrier (facing forward) even though it doesn't "officially" take an infant carrier. You probably would not be able to fit 2 infant carriers though.

I ended up selling the Combi to get a Phil & Ted's, but that probably wouldn't work for twins until they're older. ;)

mominabigtruck

I thought it was weird at first that none of the macs have all the extras like trays and cupholders. Of course I come from the land of evenflo and graco so I'd never even seen a mac irl except at like if I was out in a big city at a mall.

So anyways I got my techno classic and love it:love: It really does lay super flat and mine has an infant insert and 5pt harness with a boot and rain cover. I got mine when Peyton was 2, but honestly I've never missed having a snack tray. I got him a sippy sport cup with a strap that I just hook onto the stroller and I have one of the fisher price soft tray things that fits onto carseats and it works great on the stroller, although I've only used it like twice.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, yeah, I adore my Twin Techno. Absolutely in love. :love:

I just stick the sippies in the bottom if I need to. It's a great stroller and works for everything I've tried it for.

MissAllyLou

I just wanted to say that I thought I was going to miss the snack tray when I got my Instep Safari double jogger, but I just got each kid a Snack Trap from BRU, and I've found I like that better. The food doesn't fall off, they can't throw the food off the tray, and I don't have to worry about the tray getting dirty. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC