Safeguard Go Hybrid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEVY

I was just thinking about the safeguard go hybrid, in fact I even asked the KDM foundation if it would be just as safe to get that and they said a big fat NO. That it was best for rare "grandma trips". I was wondering if anyone used these and why it's not safe. If booster seats are safe it would seem this is too especially since it has a 5-point harness. It seems safer than say a booster with 86-y harness.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's extremely safe, I don't know where they got that opinion that it's not (thin air?). It is, however, not very comfortable for everyday use.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Safeguard Go is a very safe model for many applications. I would question whoever gave you this advice for some factual references on their comments. About the only instance where it would be unsafe is in a vehicle without adequate head restraint for the child, since the Go (like a backless booster) does not have a shell to support the head. I have a review here:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=5970

HEVY

That was a nice review, Thanks. I like this seat alot mostly because it's light and much smaller than a Regent, but I see that with some seatbelts it may push the back foward, that may not only cause the said problem of the harness not fitting for the noted weight and height, it seems maybe that's where the comfort issue lies.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's not uncommon for any harness not to fit to the listed weight. Most kids grow too tall first. And as for the height, the Go has a weird harness. It's listed at 17" top height, but it's adjustable, so it'd be easy to mis-set them or have them be pushed out a bit or something and so they'd wouldn't be at their possible highest.

But I agree with the others. It has its niche, and it's a safe seat, but not what I'd use everyday if I had an option. And for $200 there are options.

Wendy

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have heard that the Go has been or is being updated in the near future. I do not know the extent of the updates, though. It might be worth contacting Safeguard to see if they address any of your concerns.

Ogreenlee

The 2008 models have come out and have the improvements:

The 2008 SafeGuard Go offers these Improvements:

* New integrated headrest with more substantial padding for comfort
* Harness minimum weight is now just 22lbs - allowing for longer use
* Crotch strap now has three positions (instead of just one) for better adjustability
o Stair-stepped adjustment lengthens the strap as your child grows

skaterbabs

I'm frustrated that they think it's appropriate for a 22 lb baby - that is NOT an improvement IMO. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC