Roundabout 50

Karen

Let the confusion begin!

While working at BRU it was easy to tell people the difference between the Roundabout and Marathon. I'm not sure what I'd do if I knew nothing about seats, walked into BRU and saw a RA, RA50, MA, MA c/s, DC, DM, BLVD, and BLVD c/s all lined up. I think I'd run for the AOE or just leave the store.

I hope Britax knows what they're doing....
YES! Why oh why are there so many?! And ANOTHER new BLVD?! Seriously, too much Britax.

ADS

ovlmommy

It looks so much like a MA. Are "modified" EPS inserts different than the usual?? I do really like the pistachio cover.

NannyMom

It does look just like the MA. Will it be smaller? The top slots are supposed to be 17, right? So....it's an MA w/o hugs and a 50LB limit?

Darren....I'm anxously awaiting Monday. But then again, you saw what we did with the Graco MR when we wanted info :whistle:

April

That pistachio cover would be absolutely destroyed in about a week in my van! Cream? Never.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Let the confusion begin!

While working at BRU it was easy to tell people the difference between the Roundabout and Marathon. I'm not sure what I'd do if I knew nothing about seats, walked into BRU and saw a RA, RA50, MA, MA c/s, DC, DM, BLVD, and BLVD c/s all lined up. I think I'd run for the AOE or just leave the store.

I hope Britax knows what they're doing....

No, you wouldn't know which AOE to run for, there are at least 4 of those, too :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure the regular RA is going bye-bye from big box stores, our list price is 219 now and they were on sale for 179 and we didn't even sell one of them at that price. 4 Britaxes, 4 Evenflos, 7 AO/E clones are the on the big convertible lineup. I'd kill for a RN or TF!

Maedze

A good selection of convertibles from cheapest to priciest would include

Safety First Avenue

Evenflo Triumph Advance

Graco MyRide

Cosco Alpha Omega Elite

First Years True Fit

Sunshine Kids Radian 65 and XT

Britax Roundabout 50 and Boulevard

That's it. Good selection. All very decent convertibles. Most likely to get children to booster age. All good for RF.

Why is it so hard, stores, why? :crying:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Why is it so hard, stores, why? :crying:

That is what I ask my buyer! I couldn't believe it when my new list showed no HB TB. Really? So now, I just got the Ambassador, I have a big kid, Cosco crap and LB TB. I emailed her and asked why get rid of the ONE booster with eps foam?

Kat_Momof3

That is what I ask my buyer! I couldn't believe it when my new list showed no HB TB. Really? So now, I just got the Ambassador, I have a big kid, Cosco crap and LB TB. I emailed her and asked why get rid of the ONE booster with eps foam?

the big kid has eps foam now

It does look just like the MA. Will it be smaller? The top slots are supposed to be 17, right? So....it's an MA w/o hugs and a 50LB limit?

Darren....I'm anxously awaiting Monday. But then again, you saw what we did with the Graco MR when we wanted info :whistle:

Just keep thinking of it like it SHOULD have been named (took me awhile to think of a better name and this is the best I could figure out)... Britax Safe Voyage Deluxe (change only the FP part of the name and it'll be both familiar but different to the masses)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
What is an "angle-free" 5-point harness?
And it says it has Velcro Belt Holders and shields--shields???

I wonder why they aren't bound by the same non-disclosure agreement you are? I don't really expect an answer to this, it's just rhetorical.

They are a retailer, we are essentially media. It's just a guess, but I suspect retailers don't have non-disclosure at all, so that they can do as much PR and pre-sale as possible.

Before the internet, you'd never know because word would never get around. Now, internet savvy retailers with online blogs or websites spread the word right away.

HEVY

:doh: I posted this on a different thread.
What makes this seat safe to use without HUGS but not the others?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
HUGS are only for their HWH seats, and I guess since this one only harnesses to 50 pounds they are not necessary.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
:doh: I posted this on a different thread.
What makes this seat safe to use without HUGS but not the others?

Good question. I don't have an answer. Perhaps it has to do with the 50 pound limit and perhaps it is the difference between safe and safeR, rather than safe or not safe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC