Risks of EH/booster training at 4.5

cowgirlsmommy

I think it just depends on the child. Of course it also depends on the seats that are on the market at the time. My oldest daughter hit the RF'ing weight limit on her seats at 18 months! So of course she had to go FF'ing in a 5-point harness and she still likes it and since she has a Frontier and a Regent, I don't feel the need to change her Frontier or buy a booster to replace her Regent right now. I tried her out in a ParkwaySG at BRU a few weeks ago and she HATED the idea of a booster but she had a perfect fit in it.

My youngest daughter is on the same growth curve so far so we'll see how things go. She currently rides in a Key Fit30 and RadianXTSL.

I do feel that EH'ing does have some safety benefit to a certain age though :)

ADS

CarseatNerdGirl

LOL. You totally sound like I normally do when I havent been up since 3:30 in the morning!!
But its ok.. I have Britax seats. They have the bubble

I haven't been up since 3:30 but for some reason today I'm beyond exhausted so I'm sure I'm more saracsticy than normal.

And the big pile of smileys on the side of this here box scares me, and I think I might be refusing to use them on principle.

Maedze

I haven't been up since 3:30 but for some reason today I'm beyond exhausted so I'm sure I'm more saracsticy than normal.

And the big pile of smileys on the side of this here box scares me, and I think I might be refusing to use them on principle.

I'm growing more fond of you by the minute. I might have to keep you in my pocket like a small, hairy, smelly pet.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

That's your prerogative, but please understand that if your posts are misconstrued, they may be edited or deleted to conform with the forum's rules. It's better to make the extra effort to ensure that you don't come across as antagonistic or disrespectful (see #13 in the guidelines I linked above). :thumbsup:

babygirlsmom1005

I haven't read the whole thread.

My oldest is 4 years and 9 months old :)eek: I am about to have a 5 year old :eek: totally another thread on how quickly they grow up....anyway) and is RF'ing in a RNXT (40 lbs model).

She is also booster training because her pre-school is doing field trips this summer and I want her to be able to properly use one on the trips. The director already has said she will not do a 5 point harness (and DD cannot buckle herself into any of the seats we have - you'd think with a choice of 5 seats that she could FF's in a harness she could buckle one of them, but she can't :rolleyes:) but does know how to use boosters. Properly restrain child wins - and she'll be properly restrained in a HBB for the field trips and short trips for training. She is 37 lbs fully clothed.

I believe we will make it past 5 RF'ing in her RNXT. So far, she rides wonderfully in a HBB - I am very proud of her. Once she gets over the 40 lbs and outgrows the RNXT RF'ing, I am not sure what route we are going to take (ie: HBB full time or EH'ing).

Sadierain

I had to laugh at that one! And, well, most of what the thread has dissolved into.
But... considering I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant, have a 13 month old, and am running on 6 combined hours of sleep for the last 3 days... That's probably making things seem far more hilarious than they actually are.

dmpmercury

I'm wondering what to do with my own dd. Her seat expires when she is a little over 5.5. She is one of the peanuts who can probably rear face in a 40 pound seat for a long time and when the babe to be needs a convertable I'm getting either a complete air or a radian she can use. She is 28 pounds and 36inches at 3.5 so she is really small for her age. At 5.5 I am comfortable maybe moving her to a booster. I think she might be mature enough then but she probably be too tiny so I would have to get a foward facing seat. If only her seat lasted longer I wouldn't have this dilemna and I keep her rear facing until she was nearing 40 pounds then get a booster.

Madeline410

IMAG0883.jpg

:whistle:

(disclaimer: I had him take it off as soon as I got a pic. I'm sure his neck would not have thanked me for the extra weight on his head if we had crashed.)

CarseatNerdGirl

I'm growing more fond of you by the minute. I might have to keep you in my pocket like a small, hairy, smelly pet.

I'm not hairy. I might be smelly. I mean...well I have..you know, adult hair, but not overly like 'ohemgee here comes the missing link chick' kinda hairy. I think I'm pretty average. Unless you're referring to the fact that I haven't shaved my legs really since my husband deployed. I think of that as my purity seal. "Look, honey, I can PROVE I haven't cheated".

Smelly is relative. I use victoria secret body sprays, so I probably am smelly the way a stripper is smelly.

Is this gonna get edited?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I'm not hairy. I might be smelly. I mean...well I have..you know, adult hair, but not overly like 'ohemgee here comes the missing link chick' kinda hairy. I think I'm pretty average. Unless you're referring to the fact that I haven't shaved my legs really since my husband deployed. I think of that as my purity seal. "Look, honey, I can PROVE I haven't cheated".

Smelly is relative. I use victoria secret body sprays, so I probably am smelly the way a stripper is smelly.

Is this gonna get edited?

:ROTFLMAO:

Please stick around, pretty please with a cherry on top?

hrice

I say you get a Multi Tech and just keep her backward til she's a teenager. And also make her wear a helmet in the car after you wrap her in bubble wrap and all that jazz.

Sounds like some of the snarky comments from the board not to be mentioned...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC