Risks of EH/booster training at 4.5

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

That's because we have no evidence that it is unreasonable or less safe. And many members support your decision.

You may be reading this with your guard up? You sound defensive and you have no reason to be. :)

ETA: Gosh, I am slow at typing. :p

Yes, you do sound a bit defensive still:p Told ya more people would most likely be okay with you here:)

From talking about this the last few days, my kid is a freak of nature in that he sits really still. Maybe it's me going all Kate Gosselin on him when he even looks like he's about to move.

You know, when I tried my dd in the booster at 4, just for fit, I know she was NOT even close to being ready to be in a booster, even part time, because she did this, to try to get out.

IMG_8268_8.jpg

But now, at 4.5 I think I might try to booster train a bit, as the only harnessed seat she fits in is the regent (she might could squeeze in the radian, with her shoulders above the top slot, and I might would use it if I needed to).

There are some here that also would prefer to harness longer, just because. And that is okay. But you won't find them blasting you for your parental choice to booster at 4.5, 40 pounds and with proper fit. Most here understand parental choice a lot better than on that other board. :whistle:

Raegansmom4

TBTSNBN - lol. My Mar 08 birth board there left to form a new board when the "new" one started. Plus a favorite member got banned, lol.

Anyway, I totally see the point you are making. In fact, I wish I could do that with my kids, but I make big girls! EH does have its place! My dd1 outgrew her MA rfing (33 lb limit) at 22.5 months, so a harness seat was the only option. My dd2 is rfing in a MR at 27 months and will hopefully make it to at least 3 rfing in it. Again, she will need a harnessed seat. My dd1 is now 4.5 and ranges from 50.5-52 lbs. She is booster training some but is not ready for a booster full-time. I'm sure she'll be ready by 5.5 or 6. For instance last night, she rode home with dh in his pickup in her HBB. I was following them in the van, and she leaned to the side to look back at me about 3 times. Dh had to keep correcting her. What's scary to me is probably 98% of kids where I live are boostered at 3 years and 30 lbs when they "fit" most hbb. :( On a side note, Welcome here!

MommyBoha

For a child who is barely 30 at 4.5, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she got to 5 1/2 or more at under 33 lbs.

I agree and she has a super short torso at 12.5in. But I wont let her ride in a booster until she hits at least 35lbs(even then that depends on her age)
I really really want a radian... just to see how long I can RF her for. LOL

CarseatNerdGirl

I agree and she has a super short torso at 12.5in. But I wont let her ride in a booster until she hits at least 35lbs(even then that depends on her age)

I say you get a Multi Tech and just keep her backward til she's a teenager. And also make her wear a helmet in the car after you wrap her in bubble wrap and all that jazz.

tarabelle

If we both buy a Radian, we can have a contest on which kid can last longest RF in it.... :p

I just measured my 28 month old DD's torso.. 10" even, her standing height is 30.5". I was curious because I tossed her in a Comfortsport at Target today just to see how she fits. 2nd slot, with about a ton of room over her head. :eek:

MommyBoha

I say you get a Multi Tech and just keep her backward til she's a teenager. And also make her wear a helmet in the car after you wrap her in bubble wrap and all that jazz.

Ok, I really hope this is all in good fun, as this is a car seat safety board. Not to mention.. you want to RF to booster age as well.

urchin_grey

If we both buy a Radian, we can have a contest on which kid can last longest RF in it.... :p

Ooh, ooh, I wanna play that game too!

Bram is 5 years, 1 month old, and 25lbs (clothed), and 34-35ish inches. He still has a lot of room to grow. :p Though, if we start the growth hormone stuff, he might not last much longer. :eek:

CarseatNerdGirl

Ok, I really hope this is all in good fun, as this is a car seat safety board. Not to mention.. you want to RF to booster age as well.

No wai. I was dead serious. I totally buy into those arguments, they make perfect sense, and are hilarious to boot!

/sarcasm off

You'll get to know me. It should be less confusing then.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No wai. I was dead serious. I totally buy into those arguments, they make perfect sense, and are hilarious to boot!

/sarcasm off

Sarcasm is difficult to read online, especially from a new poster without an established personality here ;). Smilies go a long way to diffuse sarcastic words and get your point across without hurting feelings. :twocents:

Also, newbies to our forums don't know about a feature we offer. When you'd like to respond to several posts at once, click on the icon that looks like a piece of paper with " and the + on it for each post you'd like to reply to, then click on the Post Reply button. That will quote all the posts at once in one big post for you.

MommyBoha

/sarcasm off

LOL. You totally sound like I normally do when I havent been up since 3:30 in the morning!!
But its ok.. I have Britax seats. They have the bubble

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC