News Live in Vilonia .....everything gone .. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

geministars26

You are awesome! :love:I just can not imagine losing everything and then someone losing their child in an accident because they did not have a proper seat. It would be cool if you could donate to safekids and earmark it for just this occasion.. Maybe a fund that is just for people in disasters..

I am greatful to have something but this thing seriously scares me. I can't figure it out or fit it in rear facing...so it's forward facing. MY NEWBORN FORWARD FACING IN A SEAT THAT IS WRONG IN EVERY WAY! I am in no way a carseat pro, but when I joined wendy promptly corrected me in my errors and I have been a good learner and follower of these rules.

I can't wait to have this other seat!

Thank you!

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
The seat will be in Conway tonight. :) I wish I could get it to you sooner, but I just can't squeeze out the hour car ride today. :/

geministars26

The seat will be in Conway tonight. :) I wish I could get it to you sooner, but I just can't squeeze out the hour car ride today. :/

You have done enough! You ladies have gotten us out of this seat that is so scary to us and that is wonderful! I am in awe of your selflessness and willingness to go above and beyond to help others!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
You have done enough! You ladies have gotten us out of this seat that is so scary to us and that is wonderful! I am in awe of your selflessness and willingness to go above and beyond to help others!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

It is what we do. :love:

Squishy new baby pics in car seats are always welcomed as thank yous. ;)

ntrenary

I heard from my friend in Conway. She would love to help if anything else comes up. She works in Little Rock and lives in conway, so if anything needs to be transported between the two towns she's willing to do it.
She also has baby stuff (including size1 diapers) she'd like to donate if you need anything.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Talked to Jess a few minutes ago and like the rest of us she was doing some great work in someone elses back seat. ;) Said the OB35 fit like it was made for her car.

geministars26

I heard from my friend in Conway. She would love to help if anything else comes up. She works in Little Rock and lives in conway, so if anything needs to be transported between the two towns she's willing to do it.
She also has baby stuff (including size1 diapers) she'd like to donate if you need anything.

You guys are wonderful. Tell your friend she's an awesome lady! The Red Cross stocked us up on diapers and wipes for a while. If we run out or need more we just go there. We are interested in other things. Her swing we paid nearly $200 for (yes, that was our one insane luxury item) was water damaged. :( We have her bouncy seat still that is good and a tub and diaper genie, a decent amount of shampoo and wash and but cream, and we have a fully loaded playpen and that's it.

The only thing is that right now we aren't trying to bring in anymore that is absolutely necessary. Our hotel room isn't that big, and we are having to pack up everyting in the house and store it in a POD until the house is rebuilt. So limited space everywhere for sure right now, and the inability to haul things around and store them is hard right now. Yes, we need items, but we have no where for them to go.

:(

geministars26

Talked to Jess a few minutes ago and like the rest of us she was doing some great work in someone elses back seat. ;) Said the OB35 fit like it was made for her car.

Rachel you and Jess are so insanely amazing! Jess just came right up to me and hugged me, then went to work! She made me install the base so I could get the hang of it. Took a few tries with the base but it was super easy.

We talked while we were doing it. She is such a wonderful girl! LOL she got locked in though. She shut the door so someone could back out next to us and I had the child locks set. LOL I had to let her out....took us a second to figure it out. And yes, once the base was in good, it fit perfect. It really did just mold right to the seat. We were both pleasantly surprised.

That was about the time you called. Thank you Rachel for the cards and the awesome help!

And yes I am already working on pictures! I am picking Paisley up in the morning and I will have some tomorrow for you. Don't worry, Jess knows my car and where I live sooooo....LOL

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all. I am so amazed by all you women here and how amazing you all work together to help others!

I told Jess I would pay you guys back some how...she just said pay it forward. Then she mentioned the carseat checks you guys do....I told her I would volunteer! I'm not certified...but surely I could help somehow?

So when things settle down I am on board with the seat checks, whatever I can do!

Thank you all again!

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Rachel you and Jess are so insanely amazing! Jess just came right up to me and hugged me, then went to work! She made me install the base so I could get the hang of it. Took a few tries with the base but it was super easy.

We talked while we were doing it. She is such a wonderful girl! LOL she got locked in though. She shut the door so someone could back out next to us and I had the child locks set. LOL I had to let her out....took us a second to figure it out. And yes, once the base was in good, it fit perfect. It really did just mold right to the seat. We were both pleasantly surprised.

That was about the time you called. Thank you Rachel for the cards and the awesome help!

And yes I am already working on pictures! I am picking Paisley up in the morning and I will have some tomorrow for you. Don't worry, Jess knows my car and where I live sooooo....LOL

Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all. I am so amazed by all you women here and how amazing you all work together to help others!

I told Jess I would pay you guys back some how...she just said pay it forward. Then she mentioned the carseat checks you guys do....I told her I would volunteer! I'm not certified...but surely I could help somehow?

So when things settle down I am on board with the seat checks, whatever I can do!

Thank you all again!

Ditto. I viewed this as a way to PIF from when I got help when we were hit in 2008.

If you run into anyone who could use seat help, give them my card.

jess71903

Ambassador
It was so good to meet you! I had fun last night. I like playing in cars ;), and I LOVE the OB35! I think it might be my new favorite infant seat.

Rachel- you're going to have to let me know about re-cert classes. I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle being un-certified. I should have gotten my butt in gear so I didn't have to. Oh well. I think I have about another month left before I'm officially expired.

I'm so glad everything worked out. Have fun working with Mike today! I hope you get a lot of things done before rain hits. If Mary Lynn shows up, she is one of my best friends. She's awesome, too. I gave your # to one other person yesterday who said she was the daughter of someone I emailed, so I don't even know her, but she wanted to help. You should have a good crew today!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Op- I'm so glad you've got something safe for your daughter to ride in now. This board is made up of some really awesome people!

luckyclov

This thread just warms my heart in a way it hasn't been warmed in awhile. I wish I had seen it sooner. But it did prompt me to send a few Sceneras over to my local (GA) ARC chapter.

OP, I'm so glad you reached out got what you needed.:)

geministars26

Ok Rachel, Jess, this is for you! My good camera is at my moms and my phone cam isn't that great but here's one pic to tide you over for now! http://db.tt/lY7hX3r

I really do love this seat. I wish it had a matching stroller. I am having one issue....when I try to tighten straps one gets tight and the other is a little loose ...how do I remedy this?

Thank you to all of you. Thank you for the gift card as well! You are all amazing women!

TerisBoys

I really do love this seat. I wish it had a matching stroller. I am having one issue....when I try to tighten straps one gets tight and the other is a little loose ...how do I remedy this?

Does it have a continuous harness under the bottom (strap of harness that goes under the seat under baby's bum)? If so, pull on the tight hip strap and it should get the slack out of the other side. If that doesn't do it I'll let someone else troubleshoot.

She's precious. I'm glad the ladies here were able to get her into a safe seat. One less worry for you!

*HUGS* You're in my thoughts.

luckyclov

Oh my, look at that itty bitty ball of sweetness!

Try pulling the harness straps alllllllllll the way out (gently), and then pulling the adjuster strap again, slowly. And make sure the little harness loopys on the back are on the splitter plate correctly and also threaded through the same level harness slots. If that doesn't work, I don't know...so hopefully someone else will.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC