Kourtney Kardashian on carseats

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is she someone important? I hope so, as otherwise her comments don't sound very intelligent and she is trying to make some good points so I wish it was more polished. Who is this "they" that she speaks of? It was cool that she mentioned that the tech showed her how to install the seats, I was a bit worried at the initial comment of the professional install so it went a nice direction.

Didn't like the focus on the infant seat while talking about RF until age 2 since most kids won't make it to age 2 in the current infant seats and the shot gave the impression that you leave them in a bucket until 2. Also didn't like how she referred to RF as "backwards". That's a personal irk. Makes it sound like it's odd, or different, or wrong. And didn't like how the text overlay said that kids 2 and up should FF. Could have made the same points by saying "RF to AT LEAST 2" instead of "2" and changed the text overlay to say a minimum of 2 but that older was fine as well.

So I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. If I knew who she was, my opinion may be different as I might get a better idea of who her target audience is. Not horrible anyway, but with some super minor tweaks could be a lot better.

oliviacw

TechnoGranola said:
Is she someone important? I hope so, as otherwise her comments don't sound very intelligent and she is trying to make some good points so I wish it was more polished.

Reality TV star. Not particularly of note for anything else. Will reach a very broad audience of people who might well be the type to turn babies at 1 year or when they reach 20 pounds, which ever comes first.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Reality TV star. Not particularly of note for anything else. Will reach a very broad audience of people who might well be the type to turn babies at 1 year or when they reach 20 pounds, which ever comes first.

Are we talking the kind of audience that watches Jersey Shore and the like as their main TV watching? If that's the case, then not too bad. Although I still think a couple minor tweeks could improve it significantly.

tl01

Are we talking the kind of audience that watches Jersey Shore and the like as their main TV watching? If that's the case, then not too bad. Although I still think a couple minor tweeks could improve it significantly.

Pretty much.

I think it was decent in that it mentioned RFing past the minimums and about learning to install your own seat. She even has the FFing seat in the middle and RFing outboard.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Pretty much.

I think it was decent in that it mentioned RFing past the minimums and about learning to install your own seat. She even has the FFing seat in the middle and RFing outboard.

Agreed that those were all good things. I'm going to have to Google her now. I know I've heard her name before, I think she's got some sisters? But since I've been watching my PVR and NetFlix only for the last few years, I miss out on a lot of world events and celebrity gossip. LOL (I actually don't even know what Jersey Shore is, TechnoTeen just told me about it last year so glad I hit the mark when I mentioned it)

ETA: Googled. And yes I've heard their names but don't recognize any of them and haven't hear of or watched any of their shows.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
She's always had really good usage on the show. Straps tight, chest clip correct, etc.

Way to go Kourtney and Scott.

xursusmaritimusx

out of all the K's shes always seemed like the one with their head screwed on the straightest ;)

im really impressed and i agree with others, that people seeing that will listen to her.

way to go kourtney! setting a good example.

very happy with her video blog

Phineasmama

She actually seems like a really good mom and that she researches and knows her stuff (just a general observation from seeing their show occasionally). I mean, the video was pretty benign and didn't have much information in it. But like some of the PPs have said, given the audience this could be extremely beneficial. I've also noticed in the show that Mason (while he could still be RF) is always in a harnessed seat, it looks like it's installed correctly and the harness is definitely tight and chest clip always in the right place. Which is a lot more than most people can say.

Hopefully some celebrity will catch on to the whole ERF thing soon :)

Baylor

Good job Kourtney. With all the people that follow her, She will probably do a lot of good with that info...

Stelvis

The two takeaways are 1) see a car seat tech and 2) RF til 2. Given her audience if these are the two things people learn, I'd say it's wonderful.

Brianna

Her dad was OJ's lawyer. Maybe some of you all can comment on the turning your kid at two.

We should be upset that she said to FF after two? Yes, we know what is safest, but I think most of us can also agree that the general public is freaked out enough about RF until 2, and at this point would likely disregard a suggestion to RF longer. Once RF until 2 becomes the norm, people will be more likely to be willing to RF longer. Considering her audience I think if they make it to 2 RF that's great.

V

VanIsleMommy

I'm glad that she's taken an interest in educating other parents, that she has a lot of good facts in there, and that message is going to get to a lot of parents.

It's not perfect, but she's not a tech (although YAY that she used one!!) and she's got the whole carseat thing down a lot better than most parents out there! :thumbsup:

Always applaud those that use their powers for good ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC