installation question and check

Baylor

Do you have a babies r us by you? Go and try seats in your car.

Can you install the radian ff and add pictures?
Oops!Typing same time as kq.

I
auto correct hates me

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Some of the Evenflos are pretty high both RF and FF, but I'd try to go for something that does well without a tether if at all possible since you have none.

lourdes

maybe the Maestro is higher, I will try to go to buy buy baby today and tomorrow I will try to go to babies r us, I am trying to convince my SIL to keep my DD, she already has 4. the thing is that this used to be there car and at least the had 2 car seats install in there, I do remember that the had a 3 in 1 convertible and a FF Graco harness/booster. this was 8 years ago.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't think the Maestro is any higher than the other ones listed (like the Nautilus.) I was thinking more of the Evenflo convertibles- the Symphony and Triumph 65 and such seem to have very high belt paths...

Nimommyof2

The RF belt path on the myride is pretty high I would really be surprised if the CA is the same height. How high up is the CA compared to the radian cause I can overlap the Myride over the radian it has a high base.

lourdes

I try the Evenflo secure and didn't work. I try the Nautilus and it did work. I am not 100% sure that it work in the center but it work Outboard. I retry the FF and I think I got it but I am not sure. The buckle is right at the edge and when I check the installation is tight but when I put my knee on the car seat the seat belt is loose again so I retight it again and I get it tight but when I wait for like 15 minutes and recheck and put my knee on again the seat belt looks loose again.

tiggercat

lourdes said:
Stupid question, can I use the locking clip for this time of seat belt? Is the locking latch plate

This is a lap only belt, right? No you cannot use a locking clip on this type of belt. Absolutely not.
It sounds like the loosening install you described above is not acceptable either. It is loosening because the latch plate is not at the correct angle.
I think you need a hands on tech to troubleshoot this with you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

lourdes

tiggercat said:
This is a lap only belt, right? No you cannot use a locking clip on this type of belt. Absolutely not.
It sounds like the loosening install you described above is not acceptable either. It is loosening because the latch plate is not at the correct angle.
I think you need a hands on tech to troubleshoot this with you.

No this is outboard on shoulder/lap belt

lourdes

yes but the buckle was too high and when i try to check the installation and move the carseat side to side the seat belt got loose and the whole carseat move to the side

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A locking clip is fine on a lap/shoulder belt, and locking latch plate at bad angle is one of the reasons to use it. Of course then you have to make sure the locking plate is at a correct distance and angle.

Baylor

How are you trying to move the seat? All you are supposed to do is grab it at belt path and check movement.

Not try and shake it loose by pulling seat side to side.

You can loosen it if you pull too hard.

I wish you were closer to one of the techs here. They are awesome!

auto correct hates me

lourdes

Baylor said:
How are you trying to move the seat? All you are supposed to do is grab it at belt path and check movement.

Not try and shake it loose by pulling seat side to side.

You can loosen it if you pull too hard.

I wish you were closer to one of the techs here. They are awesome!

auto correct hates me

I just check for movement and the car seat went completely to the other side. I did not shake it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The numbers on the Nautilus were pretty fantastic. The CA 65 I don't know if was tested, but I seem to remember the CA 50 not standing out as exceptionally good or bad? The Britax seats (new generation) do perform really well without a tether from what I've seen (they're designed to pass the tethered head excursion standard when used without a tether.)

tiggercat

lourdes said:
No this is outboard on shoulder/lap belt

Sorry, I am having trouble following the series of installs.
You can use a locking clip on a lap/shoulder belt with a locking latchplate if the latchplate isn't holding. The locking clip needs to be lying flat in the belt path (or completely out of the belt path, not teetering on the edge) within an inch of the latchplate but not touching the latchplate. Also, you locking clip is upside down.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I didn't even see pictures last night.

There is no upside down for a locking clip. Either way is ok,, though many prefer the other way because it's easier to check and make sure that all 4 prongs are still correctly used (one hasn't slipped off) each ride.

But yes, it should move a bit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC