installation question and check

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Just wanting to verify your 4 twists; you mean 4 full 360° twists? I know I've seen many people count a 90° twist as ONE twist. It usually takes two twists of the hand to get it a full 360° which I think is why a 360° sometimes gets counted as 2. If there's any chance you're counting it this way, you'd be good without your amount of twists. 4 360°s though is of course not allowed as you already know.

ADS

Baylor

I am not a tech but to me the logical solution is to flip her and get a safe solid install.

You've gotten great advice from a few techs here.

auto correct hates me

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's very hard for me to tell with that pic. Sorry. I am just not sure, one looks too much on the edge and another borderline ok. Did you try scooting the seat toward the door on the opposite side from the buckle? Sometimes that gives that extra half inch you need to work with....

lourdes

I need an option for today, I start to work tomorrow and she goes with me. Any suggestion of a car seat with a really high profile????

lourdes

Brianna said:
You said the Radian doesn't work when FF. What was wrong with that installation?

When FF I was able to get the buckle in the belt path but the buckle is so big that it was right at my DD back and it was painfull for her.

lourdes

I just call safe kids of SC. The first thing that they say is that my DD can't be RF that she needed to be FF a long time ago...... Long story short I will try to go today to a inspector here but is far from where I am and I will need to take my DD with me becuase I don't have anybody to watch her for me.

Baylor

lourdes said:
I just call safe kids of SC. The first thing that they say is that my DD can't be RF that she needed to be FF a long time ago...... Long story short I will try to go today to a inspector here but is far from where I am and I will need to take my DD with me becuase I don't have anybody to watch her for me.

What??? She COULD have been but does not have to be. Have you tried the tech list here?? I would flip her because I think it will give get you a safe install.

auto correct hates me

lourdes

there is no one under SC!!!!
I was looking to side view pictures from the Nautilus, the Maestro, the Myride and the CA and from all the one that looks taller is the CA... I convince my brother to let me use his minivan for the rest of the week, the Radian is install there. I have an appointment for saturday in the fire department but I think think that there is much to do.....:(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, I'm not sure the CA is taller in the belt path than the Nautilus. May be the same as the FF belt path on the MyRide but not sure? I was thinking the MyRide is higher for RF, if your daughter still fits.

Can you get to a store and try out a few different seats?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC