I got a Safety First Complete Air! (PICS!)

BabyKaykes

Does it still have an 8yr lifespan? A 13" torso gives your ds the same stats as mine (although a bit heavier).

I've been applauding Dorel more and more in the past few years...first they release the Uptown, then up their FF limit, and now this! Awesome! Hopefully the FF limit will go up again by the time I have another baby!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It says not to remove the headrest cover, so this is as far as I slipped it off.

really? that's not exactly practical. I imagine it getting quite grungy, what with the sweaty, puking things that kids are.

what's the wording? I wonder if it means not to open or remove the air pouches.

Madeline410

Mine says don't use after Dec 2017, so yep, 8 years.

It says "DO NOT remove the headrest pad. Spot clean with warm sudsy water."

DahliaRW

I really think this seat will work for me! Yay! Ds2's ped appointment is monday, and he's right at 32 so I'm hoping to verify his weight and go get one of these as soon as my BRU has them in. I have a nautilus for him to go into after he outgrows it rfing (and then I'll pass the CA down to #3), so the weight isn't an issue. Regardless, my oldest ds would have outgrown the CA by ffing height before hitting 50lbs anyways. I've been debating between a new radian and a CA, but I think the CA's ability to install more upright is winning me over. And that shell height is awesome! And 8 year lifepsan means it'll still be good after #3 reaches booster age, so it'll get me through!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Wow, it looks NICE! And look at that height! I just can not make up my mind between this and the Radian XT for Zander. I just don't know! I've never lusted over a Dorel seat before, but this one is drool worthy!

Headrest cover not removable though? That's crazy talk! What if it needs to be washed? Spot cleaning with warm sudsy water isn't gonna cut it. It has an 8 yr expiration... I can not imagine NOT taking it off to wash it once in 8 years!

U

Unregistered

Does it say do not remove headrest cover or do not remove headrest pad? I would think the headrest pad would mean the actual pads not the cover itself. Maybe someone should clarify with the company. That would be one grody headrest after 8 years.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I, too, wonder if by "headrest pads" they mean the air pockets.

Is it possible to remove the headrest cover? If so, it's probably ok to take it off. If they didn't want it removed, they would have made it irremovable. Right?

Madeline410

Hmm.. there is an elastic piece that seems stuck on there. I don't want to tug on it anymore.. but it seems like it won't come off. You can see it in my pics.

Chex

Not in the slightest. Rebounding is not a concern at all; it's over-rotation that is a concern with heavy kids.

Ok, so does the over-rotation concern you? Or anybody else? In my mind I'm comparing these new higher-weight RFing seats to Europe's. And their seats all have SOMETHING to stabilize the seat better.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, so does the over-rotation concern you? Or anybody else? In my mind I'm comparing these new higher-weight RFing seats to Europe's. And their seats all have SOMETHING to stabilize the seat better.

I'm not very familiar with European seats, but is that accurate? Do they all have an anti-rebound bar or something? Swedish tethering would do nothing in terms of over-rotation. (Australian tethering, on the other hand, would.)

Anyway, I stated in another thread yesterday that over-rotation does concern me (more than rebound does), and because of that, I probably would stop using the seat once my child's head neared the top of the shell but was not even with it.

ETA: Actually, I guess Swedish seats have the foot prop, don't they? Do they all?

crunchierthanthou

I, too, wonder if by "headrest pads" they mean the air pockets.

Is it possible to remove the headrest cover? If so, it's probably ok to take it off. If they didn't want it removed, they would have made it irremovable. Right?

I don't know, but I'm afraid the OP may be correct. :(

The manual refers to the covers as pads. Section C-8 on page 24 regarding pad removal and cleaning states-

DO NOT remove the headrest pad. Spot clean
with warm sudsy water.

the instructions and illustration on page 25 show removing the rest of the cover around the headrest.

as I said above, that's incredibly impractical.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I wonder how much good bracing does, if everything in the car is moving forward?

Anyway. Refresh my memory: Does the Complete Air have lockoffs?

Mommy2Marcus

I rep'd you. I SO want this seat. However since Marcus is almost 3 & still fits by height & weight RF in all the seats I own, I can not really convince myself or DH that I NEED it. I do NEED it for my adiction as I have not bought a new seat in FOREVER, but will not be buying it.

However I do see I have a BRU about 45 mins from me & DH said I could go play if I wanted to, but I absolutly can not buy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC