I got a Safety First Complete Air! (PICS!)

tweetykl

I think I will now be watching this one as my daughter gets heavier and gets closer to the 35lbs weight limit on her MA. The decathalon she has only goes to 32lbs.

ADS

Shanora

was just reading the manual.....found this interesting tid bit
ELR lap-only vehicle belts MUST NOT be used
with this child restraint.

did anyone know about this? Or is this old news.....lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's pretty standard in many manuals. They can be used with a BSC, but since BSCs are so difficult for the untrained/those not used to them, they just say not to use those belts.

I put a Peg Perego infant seat in the other day and it says something like "if you have a lap-only belt that does not lock, do not use this belt to install the seat. Contact a CPST for installation options." And then it has info on how to find a CPST. So they're basically acknowledging that it can be used with a BSC, but most people won't have those or know how to use them.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the other Dorel manuals I've read has the same wording about not using an ELR lap belt. Anyone want to read through them? I'm pretty sure it's standard, like I said.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That's pretty standard in many manuals. They can be used with a BSC, but since BSCs are so difficult for the untrained/those not used to them, they just say not to use those belts.

I put a Peg Perego infant seat in the other day and it says something like "if you have a lap-only belt that does not lock, do not use this belt to install the seat. Contact a CPST for installation options." And then it has info on how to find a CPST. So they're basically acknowledging that it can be used with a BSC, but most people won't have those or know how to use them.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the other Dorel manuals I've read has the same wording about not using an ELR lap belt. Anyone want to read through them? I'm pretty sure it's standard, like I said.

Yep, pretty standard in manuals - pretty sure Graco and Britax both list ELR only lap-belts in the section on incompatible vehicle belt systems as well.

BabyKaykes

I anyone else not WILDLY impressed by the amount of headroom on that thing?! I was in BRU the other day and took a look at the newer style AOEs. I didn't realized they had the same rule about the headrest (meaning no 1" rule).

I need to see this thing in person! I can't wait to see bigger kids in it!

April

Wow, so would that make this seat taller than the TF RFing?

Hmmmm, I was leery of this seat at first, but it's sounding better and better ... especially cause of the 40 RFing limit. Too bad they couldn't do 65 on the FF tho. That woulda been the motherload it seems.

Thanks for checking on it.

Yeah, I think it's starting to grow on me too. I agree about the 50lb FF'ing limit though. I realize most paremts don't even keep their kids harnessed that long, but both of my DS's could make it past 50lbs in a 17 inch harness. Griffin is 6.5, 57lbs, and outgrew the TF at 53lbs. He is an absolute stringbean too. Riley is not quite 3, 40lbs, and has a 12.75 inch torso, so he'd easily outgrow it by weight FF'ing. But hey, if that customer service rep I spoke to today was right that it does in fact go to 40lbs rf'ing in Canada, then that is good news for everyone I think. (Even though all my kids are over 40lbs, its nice that its out there, kwim?)

I am wondering if this will fit my tiny 1yo that I ordered it for. He is 19 lbs and probably 29 to 30 inches long. What do you think? I guess seeing a 3 yo only on the 2nd slot makes me wonder.

If you measure his torso and see if it is 10.5 inches or more, then you should have a good idea of whether he'll fit. Just sit him on the floor back against the wall, and measure from bum to top of his shoulders (where the harness would lie).:thumbsup:

ashleyhaugh

wow, all these new seats make me want to go buy a new one! but at almost 22 months, and around 25lbs, ds has plenty of room in his marathon. by the time he gets close to 35lbs, i bet there will be a bunch of new cool seats out, so i really need to wait for the next 1.5-2 years or so, lol

firemomof3

Can you post pics of it installed? How is the harness adjustor? I'm wondering if they changed the adjustor at all because it is so sticky on the AOE. Thanks for doing this review, big rep for you :)

OH MAN! I forgot to check my BRU yesterday. I so need to do that this evening.

I can't decide what seat I want next? I am so confused! Love the headroom in this seat. Logan loves the orange! :eek:

Mommy0608

Oooh, 21 more minutes until they open and I can call! :love:

It's a 45 minute drive for me so I definitely want to call first. If it was closer I'd just go look for myself.

ETA: I mentioned this in the other thread but thought I'd say it here too. The guy said they're pre-order only, but I said that I already ordered and that I know people who've gotten them, then he said they'll be on tomorrow's truck. It's like he didn't want to tell me that at first until I told him I knew others already had them. ;)

Last edited:

jujumum

Can you post pics of it installed? How is the harness adjustor? I'm wondering if they changed the adjustor at all because it is so sticky on the AOE. Thanks for doing this review, big rep for you :)

:yeahthat:

I would love to see a pic of seat belt buckle with the seat installed, too.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC