I cried

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I went to my SIL house today..and I cried. Literally. She turned her 8 months old FFing.:eek: (hes a day older than DD). And when I was trying to explain to her why she shouldnt do that, I started crying:( . Not hysterically or anything, but it didn't get through to her either way. I told her about Internal Decapitation...about everything really...she didnt care. Not to mention that her 3 year old is in an adult seatbelt (that is when she has it on)...I even tried using the police ticket factor...didnt work. I really am just sad about the whole situation....

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Aww I am so sorry!! And isn't it so tough when it is a child you love and you can't get through their thick skulled parent?!?!

LuvBug

what are the laws there? maybe you could call the cops on her? Shed have to be out driving, which means youd have to stalk her lol! I wouldnt hesitate(and have) personally to call the cops on someone I knew that wouldnt listen.

arly1983

That actually works. I didn't call the cops but an aunt got pulled over and got a $100 ticket and her kids are always in the right carseats now. One was not in a carseat and one was in an inappropriate seat. SO it does work.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
(((((HUGS))))) to you & those poor kids! :eek: :( I wouldn't discuss it anymore with her, but I would call the police everytime I see them illegally restrained :eek: *GOOD LUCK*

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
So sorry, Amber... I thought my bro/SIL putting their kids in expired/outgrown seats was bad, but - an 8-mo-old FF and a 3-yr-old in an adult belt (or not in anything at all) is not good. :(

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i woudl call th epolice in a heartbeat (did i mention that my "other" new job is at the courthouse in the traffic citation department:p ) it is just a matter of doing it secretively

Loves2sing

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL. My niece and nephew are on the same page, and I can't get through to my SIL either. It is so frustrating because she seems to think she is "Super-mom", and I can't help but disagree because she puts her kids at risk every day! I would call the cops on her, but I don't live in the same province, and the cops only check to see if the kids are buckled in up here. They don't know anything about which kids should be in which seat. I just dread to hear about when she will put her son in a high back booster. I just know that it won't be long, and he's only 2 in May. How will that look when I have my DD in a 5-point harness until she is about 7 or 8 in her Raidian? (I WILL GET ONE! I THINK I CAN! I THINK I CAN!!...convince my husband that is! I am waiting for it to go on sale in Canada. That is his stipulation.:rolleyes: )

canadianmom2three

The best thing about buying the Radian in Canada is that you don't have to wait for it to go on sale...all you have to do is scrounge up all that formerly useless Canadian Tire $$ that seems to collect (at least around my house) but never get used. I rounded up $40 of it and got my Radian for $159, and no shipping necessary, they seem to stock it at a lot of the stores.

But back on topic, it is sometimes family that are the hardest to reach - and unfortunately keep you awake the most at night worrying...

beeman

The best thing about buying the Radian in Canada is that you don't have to wait for it to go on sale...all you have to do is scrounge up all that formerly useless Canadian Tire $$ that seems to collect (at least around my house) but never get used. I rounded up $40 of it and got my Radian for $159, and no shipping necessary, they seem to stock it at a lot of the stores.

If you've got $40 of the stuff, you spend a lot at CT. That stuff accumualtes in the house, and you never have it when you go there. I finally stuck mine in the glove box of my truck, so it finally got spent :cool: .
Rlsadc, its so sad to hear about your SIL being so stubborn about it. Early congratulations if you call the cops.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Many many hugs to you. I'm shocked that she didn't react when you were so obviously upset and scared for her little one's safety. :(

I hope you can figure out a way to discreetly call her in to the police.

broken4u05

I would think she would of at least thought about it a little with you crying. wow. If one of my family members were crying i would try to make them feel better. hear them out about what have to say and all and she didnt care

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC