Here's a stroller-search puzzle for you !

Lea_Ontario

Here's the scenario :

A family comes into my work a couple of weeks ago, in search of a new stroller.

The family :

Mom
Dad
5-yr old child
4-yr old child
2-yr old child

AND
soon to be born : TWINS !

They nixed the Joovy "Big Caboose" because there was inadequate seating space for the 2-yr old (that little bench isn't comfy with the seat part reclined).

They nixed the idea of using 2 separate strollers.

They nixed the idea of putting one (or both) of the newborns in carriers of slings.

What would YOU suggest ?

ADS

aja

sounds like what they want/need is a triplet stroller. we're in about the same boat (one less kid though). our plan is to sling one or both twins and use two strollers when there are 2 adults.

Lea_Ontario

Any links ?

The only places I've ever seen a triple stroller (aside from the Joovy one I mentioned above) is those used by day-care centers.

NVMBR02

I would suggest the valco double with the toddler seat added on.

It is expensive, but probably their best bet unless they want to get a standard triple. Then there are a few different ones. I think all the options for a decent stroller are going to be pretty expensive.

NVMBR02

Can that be used with 2 infant seats ?
Is it available in Canada ?

I am not sure it is an Aussie stroller though so I would guess you could get it in Canada. You can use it with 2 infant seats if the toddler seat isn't attached and you buy the attachments, but it does recline enough for a newborn.

featherhead

I think the Baby Jogger triple would be easy to push. It has really big wheels, and the seats are side-by-side instead of in front of each other. I looked it up... it's $799.

jsta1005

Peg Perego does make a Triplette! I have heard only wonderful things about the double, so I'm assuming the same for the tripple.

and you they could get Peg infant seats to use as a travel system.

HEVY

If I were her I would get the quad one, she still has the 4 year old who could sit in it. That leaves her just dealing with the 5 year old. It also give a bit more storage when the 4 year old is not in it.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have the Valco Double w/toddler seat and it's WONDERFUL. It's the only stroller I use anymore. And would work great w/their circumstances. It does not work with infant seats w/the jump seat, and even without the toddler seat, it only fits one infant seat. But the seats do recline to almost flat, and comes with infant supports. It's a wonderful stroller, and truly worth the $$ IMO.

USmominOz

I have the Valco Double w/toddler seat and it's WONDERFUL. It's the only stroller I use anymore. And would work great w/their circumstances. It does not work with infant seats w/the jump seat, and even without the toddler seat, it only fits one infant seat. But the seats do recline to almost flat, and comes with infant supports. It's a wonderful stroller, and truly worth the $$ IMO.

Then they could add the valco toddler board to the back, so that would cover 4 kids.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Then they could add the valco toddler board to the back, so that would cover 4 kids.

I guess that would depend on how long legged they are and how long of a stride they have. No way could I have it there without kicking it. But then, I'm 6'. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC