Avenue at Sears

ElaynesMom

I was just looking on the sears.ca site and noticed they have the avenue available, just wondering when that happened, I've been so out of the loop lately :) It's 149.99, which doesn't make it the best deal considering you can get a new 3in1 for 169.99 at Walmart, but it's nice that we're getting more options I suppose.

ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't find it... do you have a link? :) (It would be news to me too!)

ETA: Gah! Never mind... somehow I ended up in the "sale only" section. I found it in the regular area here

You know what I find weird? A while ago Canadian Tire had those "Schwinn" branded seats, and we argued over the identity of the convertible. I think now it may have been an Avenue. :scratcheshead:

Last edited:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You know what I find weird? A while ago Canadian Tire had those "Schwinn" branded seats, and we argued over the identity of the convertible. I think now it may have been an Avenue. :scratcheshead:

Ahh, I guess not. Here are the two side by side - they're not quite the same:

The Schwinn and the Avenue:

Schwinn.jpg
41iDsgf4MUL._AA250_.jpg

featherhead

Except look where the "kick stand" is. The Schwinn definitely looks more Scenera-ish there. If the front of the cover didn't go all the way down, like the Avenue, I think it would look more like the Scenera.

babychild taxi

I wonder why, if it/others only goes to 40lbs FF, a person would want to buy this seat when there are other good higher weight FF options out there for about the same price or a bit higher?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You know how many parents have tried to convince me that their AOEs go to 80lbs, harnessed? Because people don't read, they don't research.. at least, most people don't. They pick whichever cover matches the interior of their vehicle, or is their favourite colour, or has the cutest pattern...

mommycat

Ack. I mean, yay, more seats! But ack, because now for some strange reason my brain is saying I should get one for my trip to Europe because I am considering taking the Scenera but I am really worried about it's lack of padding both safety and 14-hr-flight-comfort wise. And I am scared to take my MAs because I'm worried they will get damaged or stolen, and I worry the Radians will not install well. Please someone tell me I do NOT want to buy yet another seat... :eek:

macbump

You know how many parents have tried to convince me that their AOEs go to 80lbs, harnessed? Because people don't read, they don't research.. at least, most people don't. They pick whichever cover matches the interior of their vehicle, or is their favourite colour, or has the cutest pattern...

BOTH my neighbours whose seats we checked during our class ;-) were absolutely positive the 3-in-1 was going to be the last seat they'd ever need. And both were sorely disappointed when they found out their 2.5yo's are very close to outgrowing it and will *very* likely outgrow it a) by height before 40# and b) long before 4yo. One neighbour said that was ok her mom has the next type along, a combo seat. OK but Cosco Combo seat...ie no better in terms of slot height. *argh*.

People just have no clue. And I have to admit I didn't either when I bought my very first seat 9 yrs ago...a Touriva. I bought it b/c it was the cheapest one I could find in the end. But I almost bought the 3-in-1 b/c of it being "so much longer lasting" and I also dithered for a while over the Eddie Bauer version of the Touriva which I was SURE was obviously a much better quality seat being EB and all...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC