C-S.org thinks I'm fat

LuvBug

For the past few days I have seen nothing but adds about losing weight(and a couple from shopzilla) and I have to wonder...

Why is a carseat forum advertising these products/services to me. Why does my favorite place on the intrawed think I'm fat?

Is it because I replied to the threads about eating disorders?
I deleted that post, but it still targets me.
Can it see me at my desk, snacking on almonds and drinking coffee?
I'll promise to switch to rice cakes and water, or just water. Would it be happy with just water?
Is it tracking my online purchases, what size pants and shirts I buy?
I can buy smaller sizes, then exchange them in store. Or I can just buy fabric and sew my own!?!?!?

WHY is it targeting me with such advertisements? What did I ever do to it???? Is it because I haven't had the PayPal to renew my subscription? I promise you, I am working on it, I swear!!!!!!!! Please don't hate me, you are my best friend :eek:

reminds me of this article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090202956.html?sub=new

*this is all said in jest, except for the fact I really am only getting weight loss adds lately, and it is a bit annoying.*

ADS

kaysmom

If it makes you feel any better I am sitting at my desk drinking coffee and I see the "I lost 12 pounds in a week without dieting, ask me how" or something to that effect, ad also :rolleyes: So I guess I just wanted to tell you your not alone!!

MySillyKids

Picture1-3.png

yea, apparently we're all fat. :rolleyes:

LuvBug

:evil grin:
double time here! one if your picture and one in the adds. There was also the one I linked to in chat last night. D I think you were there, but I don't think you saw it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd. I have never seen that ad. I always get Target, or CARES or text ads 99% of the time. Right now I have ToysRUs, which is the first time I've seen that.

Google supposedly uses page content to assign ads. I wonder what would happen if you cleared out all your cookies. Perhaps they store information in there on your preferences or something? Could also be the case if you use Google Toolbar and used the setting to allow it to send information to Google? Not sure how all that works.

BW1426

I never see any ads, why is this?

Not that I'm complaining. On Facebook, I only see carseat ads. They must track what you look at :p

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I clear my cookies usually everyday here at work and the "fat ads" still find me everyday...I cant escape them:D

I've refreshed this thread over and over and always ToysRUs. There has to be some information about you or what you surf from your computer that is doing it for Google to match ads. It could be regional, too, but doesn't seem like it would be in this case.

mommycat

Ads???

I guess I have post-tunnel-vision. I don't recall seeing any ads, and can't find one now, other than the "please support our premier sponsors" thing.

LuvBug

nope, just cleaned out all my cookies and still seeing the same add. I refresh a million times and only see this one add, on ALL pages where there are adds.
I can't figure it out. I haven't been looking at anything to do with weight or dieting except the ED threads.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If it's any consolation, I just got another one I'd never seen before for a PhotoDVD.

adding: Tylenos Sinus, but I've seen that one from time to time.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Of course now this thread is throwing up ads for Child Eating Disorders treatment, Anorexia Treatment Center, and Seattle bulimia therapy.:ROTFLMAO:

Shanora

I just have a westjet ad at the bottom of every page. I wonder if its regional or something, seeing as westjet is a Canadian airline company.

skipspin

That's almost as bad as the "lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks" ads that used to always be on the pregnancy board I used to go to. LOL. I always thought...well, I probably WILL lose 20 lbs in two weeks, without any drugs, diet, OR excercise.

I haven't noticed it here as much, but there are other forums where the ad content is VERY related to whatever you are looking at. If you look at car seats you get car seat ads, if you are looking at something about pets, you get dog food ads, etc.

BW1426

IMO, this just serves as a reason for those of us that spend a lot time here to pony up and donate a few bucks--if we should even need a reason :shrug-shoulders:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's almost as bad as the "lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks" ads that used to always be on the pregnancy board I used to go to. LOL. I always thought...well, I probably WILL lose 20 lbs in two weeks, without any drugs, diet, OR excercise.

DH has one of those ads on a board where he's a mod...I was looking at it closely, and the model not only lost the weight, but turned from a black woman into a white woman? :eek::D Or her melanin was the weight she lost :whistle::confused:

BW1426

DH has one of those ads on a board where he's a mod...I was looking at it closely, and the model not only lost the weight, but turned from a black woman into a white woman? :eek::D Or her melanin was the weight she lost :whistle::confused:

:ROTFLMAO:

Has DH been researching something that you're not aware of :p

In all honesty, I think it's hilarious that the only ads I see on Facebook are carseat related, though it almost always is advertising the Safeguard GO, which I have little interest in purchasing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC