You know you are addicted to Car Seats when..............

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yeah. I had such a fun time last night. A close family friend was trying to sell his car seats (3 kids 3 cars all going through huskies and regents) So he had 4 huskies and 2 regents for sale, in their original boxes(they had been used of course but he was showing how little). I asked how much and he said for $500 I could take everything. 6 JUMBO CAR SEATS!!!!!!!! That means spares for like every car the kids ever ride in!!!! Lyra, though she's 13 and doesn't fit anymore, ws super excited. Sometimes she has friends come over and play in the 2 we already had. Now we had 8 so she invited all her friends who were in town. over to our house. Here's what we did. I anchored a Husky/Regent to every seat in the mini-van we don't use very often, even mine. And taped blackout curtains on all the windows, except the front, and hung a drape between the rear and the front. It was almost pitch black back there. Plus I had a buch of gaming headsets that my office was about to throw away (don't ask why they had them in the first place) and we hooked those up to walkie talkies. So see this: a darkened out back of a mini-van with 5, 13 year old girls strapped into huskies (only one is actually short enough to porpperly fit in one) and me and Lyra in our regents in the frontseat (that's right, I can almost fit). I managed to wire my laptops soundcard up to the car's stereo and had Lyra operating Microsoft Flight Simulator on it. We have a stretch of about 100 yards straightaway road that's marked PRIVATE only because no one uses it. So there we are providing G effects (20 mph was my max for impropper restraints). Lyra and I had one great time strapping them into the seats, we managed between the two of us, to get 5 kids strapped in in 20 seconds. We had such a blast "radioing" each other on the headsets and feeling as though we really were in the beechcraft I had Lyra flying. If you ever have surplus seats and a stretch of road that you know is safe to use with no one on it. This is the greatest party you can have with your kids.

You have just inspired me to flag my first ever post! The fact that you would take other people's children and endanger them this way due to your own stupidity is totally inexcusable!!!! :mad:

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sometimes she has friends come over and play in the 2 we already had. Now we had 8 so she invited all her friends who were in town. over to our house. Here's what we did. I anchored a Husky/Regent to every seat in the mini-van we don't use very often, even mine. And taped blackout curtains on all the windows, except the front, and hung a drape between the rear and the front. It was almost pitch black back there. Plus I had a buch of gaming headsets that my office was about to throw away (don't ask why they had them in the first place) and we hooked those up to walkie talkies. So see this: a darkened out back of a mini-van with 5, 13 year old girls strapped into huskies (only one is actually short enough to porpperly fit in one) and me and Lyra in our regents in the frontseat (that's right, I can almost fit). I managed to wire my laptops soundcard up to the car's stereo and had Lyra operating Microsoft Flight Simulator on it. We have a stretch of about 100 yards straightaway road that's marked PRIVATE only because no one uses it. So there we are providing G effects (20 mph was my max for impropper restraints). Lyra and I had one great time strapping them into the seats, we managed between the two of us, to get 5 kids strapped in in 20 seconds. We had such a blast "radioing" each other on the headsets and feeling as though we really were in the beechcraft I had Lyra flying. If you ever have surplus seats and a stretch of road that you know is safe to use with no one on it. This is the greatest party you can have with your kids.

This is truly frightening.

ThreeBeans

If children over the weight limit have used the harness on a seat....in a simulated impact situation....I would presume the harness needs to be replaced, yeah?

I'm a bit :eek:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Folks, it's time to move on. The more you keep adding your comments, the more it keeps bumping up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC