which slots for 1 year old in Scenera?

littleangelfire

If you had to set up and install a seat for a 1 year old that you could not see, which slot would you put it on?

Backstory: my mother is driving a couple and their approximately 1 year old daughter somewhere tomorrow so she asked me to install a seat in her car. It's my seat - not the family's. Weren't sure what they would have and I've installed a seat for them before, when baby was a noob, they had 3 inches of fluffy blanket underneath the seat, the seat slid across the vehicle when I touched it, and they had her very loosely harnessed in with a belly clip. SO would be altogether better if I put a seat in correctly and they just put baby in. I will tell mother that baby's shoulders need to be at or above the slots, but I'm fairly certain no one there is going to mess with changing them. You all can't see the future - but those of you with 1 year olds, which slot should I put it on? I put it on the 2nd from top (what is that, 3rd from bottom, I think?) Is this an educated guess?

Thanks!

ADS

littleangelfire

Oh so it would really could've been WAY too high if I put it on the third from bottom. I went down and moved them, still telling my mother that really she should check to make sure the slots are at or below the baby's shoulders.

Keeanh

I agree. 2nd slots up.

Also, if it were me, I would be very wary of people messing with the harness. Properly installed straps slightly above the shoulders is better than incorrectly installed straps below the shoulders.

littleangelfire

That makes sense, you're right. I was so worried it being above her shoulders that I never considered one of them not getting it back on the splitter plate right or something.

Cath3114

littleangelfire said:
Oh so it would really could've been WAY too high if I put it on the third from bottom. I went down and moved them, still telling my mother that really she should check to make sure the slots are at or below the baby's shoulders.

Yep. My DD seems to have a long torso. Sometimes she looks like she could fit the third slots. But I think it depends how she's sitting. When she sits perfectly straight, though, she has about .75 inch to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC