When are we suppose to get the Regent LATCH kit?

ADS

wildchild

I got an email saying because of the model # on my Regent, that I would need the kit. I registered the seat online last night, so I'm assuming they will send it out soon. What I thought was weird is that the seat didn't come with an instruction manual...just the recline bar and the registration info.

mom2boys

I got my letter on July 12 and I got my update kit last Thursday. I had registered my seat back in February, and it had a DOM of 1/17/07. I live in IL if that helps at all. I would call them.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I have two registered Regents and received the letters two days ago in MI, no kits yet.

Mama2J

I got my letter on July 12, but no kit yet. Looks like they must have done several different mailings. I live in NJ, but it doesn't take more than 2 or 3 days to get mail from NC.

Connor's Mom

No, letter, no kit and I called and verified my addy with Britax almost 2 weeks ago. They had it wrong when I called (unless Tx was annexed into AL I and didn't know it) so they corrected it. I had registered my seat online so I really find it odd how the info got screwed up so bad.

Mama2J

Ok I finally got the kit today! Exactly 2 weeks after the letter. Now hopefully I will have some time to mess with the seat tomorrow morning.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I got my 1st kit today but still waiting on the 2nd one (we have 2 Regents). It's now put into my carseat box stored in the closet. Yep, I won't be putting it on :whistle: But, I must say I am not using LATCH in any of our vehicles and I sure as heck not sticking that ugly sticker on my Cougar cover. I might use the slip pads but not removing those seats unless I HAVE too just to put them on.

lynsgirl

I got mine a couple of days ago, but it's been hot and I have less than zero desire to mess with it right now (it was NOT a fun time getting a solid install w/SBP and recline bar :rolleyes:) and since I don't need the longer strap on right this minute, I haven't worried about it yet. Since I haven't looked at anything on the actual seat, just what came in the package, I must say I haven't yet wrapped my head around exactly how the longer strap will be routed for a long belt path, since it's supposed to be attached to the *front* of the shell, but I guess I'll see when I bring the seat in and take care of it :p. The pictures haven't helped me in this regard yet, but I can't say I took too much time studying them, either lol.

ETA that my letter AND my kit came with "forwarding address labels" (the yellow ones from the post office), since they still have my SC address in their system (need to get that all switched, too, I suppose). I have always gotten things super-quick from Britax, but I've always lived pretty close, too (SC and southern VA).

lynsgirl

I got my 1st kit today but still waiting on the 2nd one (we have 2 Regents). It's now put into my carseat box stored in the closet. Yep, I won't be putting it on :whistle: But, I must say I am not using LATCH in any of our vehicles and I sure as heck not sticking that ugly sticker on my Cougar cover. I might use the slip pads but not removing those seats unless I HAVE too just to put them on.

:thumbsup: I hear you! NOT touching that thing right now and I forgot about that sticker. Unless I sell my seat for some reason, it's not going on there.

Mama2J

I got mine a couple of days ago, but it's been hot and I have less than zero desire to mess with it right now (it was NOT a fun time getting a solid install w/SBP and recline bar :rolleyes:) and since I don't need the longer strap on right this minute, I haven't worried about it yet. Since I haven't looked at anything on the actual seat, just what came in the package, I must say I haven't yet wrapped my head around exactly how the longer strap will be routed for a long belt path, since it's supposed to be attached to the *front* of the shell, but I guess I'll see when I bring the seat in and take care of it :p. The pictures haven't helped me in this regard yet, but I can't say I took too much time studying them, either lol.

I know what you mean about routing the LATCH for long path. I didn't understand before I got the kit, and I thought the instructions in the new manual were rather confusing, so I hope I did it right. Since there is a 6-inch or so strap that connects the thing to the seat, I just put the connectors through the slot, straightened the strap out on the back of the seat shell and pulled the connectors back through the correct slots. It was the only way I could see to do it, not sure if my explanation makes sense!

So the re-install went well for the most part, although it was hot outside (even at 5:30 am) and time-consuming, and Justin woke up during the process and came outside. I put the non-skid strips on the bottom of the seat, but one slid off while I was installing the seat, so I left it off. I had already fooled around with it long enough by that time and wasn't re-installing it again! I have a different cover than what came with the seat, so I put the sticker on the original cover. Took some pictures of it after I was done, so I'll post those when I get the camera downloaded.

The best news is it is very solidly installed with the long LATCH, and if I had to install it again would probably be much quicker and easier, since I wouldn't be taking the seat apart again. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC