What was the first ever car seat you bought?

ADS

jaded

Given-A new Century 560 from the hospital when DS was born. 1995. All the hospitals in the area gave these seats to new parents.

Bought-display model Century 1000 for $15. Knew nothing about carseats, but knew my son needed a bigger carseat soon, and the price was right. Hey..at least I got a 5pt harness.

3acorns4Christy

My first seat that I bought was in 2002, I bought a Graco infant seat 3pt harness for my neice. Second seat I bought in 2004 was a Evenflo Triumph for my neice. I cringed when I saw a OHS thriftstore seat in my grandparents truck for her that the lock didn't even buckle on it. So I used my part of my savings for college books to buy her a safe seat. I had just graduated highschool.

amyg530

The first seat I bought and actually used was DS's snugride that was part of the Quattro Tour travel system in 2005

same here, Limeberry snugride w/the quattro stroller, i picked based on the stroller but i knew to get a 5pt for the carseat, too bad i thought that LATCH meant 5pt! LOL, i remember insisting that the seat had LATCH b/c i thought that was what kept them in the seat, only to later discover that LATCH was a way to keep the seat in the car and i had a car that was pre-LATCH

SillyLily

An Evenflo Triumph 5. I bough it in 2004 for my first daughter. It's the seat I brought her home from the hospital in.

cmm7

Let's see...

I got a Fisher Price T-shield at the same time as either a Grand Explorer or CR-3 shield booster. It was used and I can't remember which one it is. This is just going by the pictorial guide.
Then, shortly after I got a Evenflo Ultara I and a Dorel High Back Booster.

Somewhere in here was also a seat that I believe was some type of Britax, But I can't remember very clearly and I only had it a short time.

Can you believe I was the one left in charge of getting seats for the kids my mom transported when she babysat them?!

Momto1bigkiddo

These old car seat pictures are incredible! :eek: How far we have come.

My first seat I bought isn't very exciting. It was a rear-adjusting Eddie Bauer Designer 22 infant carrier car seat that came with the stroller, purchased in 2004 from Babies-R-Us on sale. It was the black and grey print.

I did surprisingly use it correctly even before I had a clue and became obsessed with car seat safety. I always read manuals, I am weird like that. I even read my shampoo bottle just about every time I take a shower. lol

Ashley_R

I dated a guy in high school who had a baby and I bought a seat to use in my first car. I was 14 at the time but had very permisive parents who let me drive without a license. I think it was a graco-centery accel OHS. I was terrible about it too. I used it FF even though the child was 6 months and maybe 18 lbs because I had never seen a RF seat and had no idea. I didnt strap him in tight tight, no slack but i doubt I would have passed the pitch test. I didnt install it super tight either. The belts were locking latchplates so I know it was held in but I never pushed it down and really checked it. I just installed it tight enough that it didnt move around while I drove. I know it wouldnt pass one inch but again I didnt know.

The car and the car seat were ruined in a fire a few months after I bought it. Thankfully I was alone and no one was hurt. I didnt replace either and a few months later the guy got another girl pregnant.

I bought a few others for various reasons since then that were bad too but thankfully I've wised up and know what I'm doing now!

Ashley_R

I did surprisingly use it correctly even before I had a clue and became obsessed with car seat safety. I always read manuals, I am weird like that. I even read my shampoo bottle just about every time I take a shower. lol

I read the back for just about every product I buy as soon as i get it in the house. I dont reread it unless I forget but even simple things like shampoo I read at least once.

I am fairly certian I at least started the manual for my first seat but I had been using a similar seat in his car for a while and my mother kept saying it was easy so I dont think I put much effort into following it. :rolleyes:

ymherrera

The first seat was a Graco snugride in metropolitan then I bought the SS1 in ionic when he was 3-4 months old and then I moved him into the seats he is in now (DC onyx and MA cowmoo) I have bought my SIL a MA in Olivia for my niece.

Jordynsmama

Mine was about 6 yrs ago-a graco snugride in french bear-5 point harness with ghetto a ghetto chest clip. lol. I cannot stand the fabric now-I just thought it was so great back then and I had the metrolite stroller to go with it. YUCK.
jordyn009-2.jpg

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
and the funny Evenflo handle. We though it would make it easier to carry. Um...no.

You mean "ergonomic" handle. :rolleyes: Yeah because you know my hand was meant to flip 180 degrees and lose all sensation within minutes of carrying the darn seat.

My first seat was an Evenflo Cozy Carry b/c my ex swore by the "ergonomic" handle.

Sweet Mercies

First carseat was a Graco infant carrier we bought when I was pg with dd.

First time I purchased a seat for someone else? I did a clinic and there was a couple there with ZERO money with a child in a seat from 1998 and it was literally falling apart. I ordered a Scenera for the child, went by the parent's home and taught them how to use it. :)

mamabear

2003 Graco Snugride in Heatwave (blue/grey/balck) and the matching Quattro stroller.

I hated that stroller so much it's what got me into researching products more before I buy.

I became a little bit of a stroller/carseat snob for a while after that:eek:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I bought my first carseat in 2000 when I was expecting my daughter. It was an Evenflo that was part of a travel system. I thought it was the cutest thing ever! It was navy blue with white checks or a square pattern on it.
My second carseat was a Alpha Omega 3 in 1 that I hated!!! When she outgrew that at the ripe age of 3 I bought our first Britax! That is also when I found this site and became a member. Since our first Britax my life has changed, hahaha no more crappy carseats for me or anyone I know!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC