What was the first ever car seat you bought?

lovemybabies924

Pretty sure I had a cosco arriva travel system that I hated! I was 18 so I got it off craigs, but sold it to my preggo friend and used the 3pt evenflo discovery I snagged on clearance for $30 at kmart haha

The cosco had no base, and looked like this but blue plastic

And then some pics of the discovery,, look how bad I had it!!! Bad mommy!!!

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:
ADS

MommyBoha

I was given an Evenflo Discovery when I had DS back in 03. First seat I ever bought was the Crappysport(and I bought 2 of them at that.. ugh)

leighi123

Levi's dad got 2 graco snugrides free off craigslist along with other baby junk, that had all been stored in the back yard of someones house.

I somehow knew to check expiration, and not to wash the harness, but I washed the covers. We had 1 pink and 1 blue (blue was a 3pt), we didn't find out he was a boy until he was born, but the seats were left on the porch and a cat pee'd on the blue one so he rode in the pink 5pt snugride from birth until the Truefit came out, which was the first seat we actually bought (I got it for $99/free shipping on some pre-order special). Found you guys shortly before buying that, got it instead of the 3-in-1 I had been looking at.

msg221

It wasn't that long ago! I bought one of the two Graco Safeseat 1's for Nour & Zain as my friend's shower gift. The very first seat I bought to use in my vehicle was the BLVD (not long before the next generation seats came out) when Zain was the first to outgrow the SS.

2angels2love

A 3 pt. Evenflo Discovery travel system from Big Lots. I got that particular one because of the fact that my MIL (who knows nothing about carseat safety, her DD is almost 6 and still rides in a Summit with harness, because you know it "goes up to 100 pounds". :( I have explained that it doesn't, but it didn't seem to sink in. :rolleyes:) said the ones with the Z type handle were the best. I luckily found out somehow that they got recalled and trashed that sucker. According to my DH, I have an addiction, lol. But I haven't bought a seat in probably 6 months or so....but I'm planning on buying a CA, as soon as I find a deal I can't resist. :)

agave

I it was a shower gift but my first carseat was a Baby Trend Flex lock, my mom also got me an Alpha Omega that I used part time starting at about 2 months. Both where crashed and the insurance company bought me 2 MyRides a year later they where also crashed and I got a Roundabout 50 and Frontier 85 they where also reimbursed by the insurance company.

The first seat I bought with my own money and wasn't reimbursed for was a Flora XTSL.

skylinphoto

Given to me: evenflo discovery (3 pt harness) that my mom got at kmart clearenced. I used it correctly every time and when I found out it was recalled I told my mom and she had my grandma pick out a seat for me. I told them I needed a 5pt seat. They got me a safety first designer 22.

The first seat I bought was a eddie bauer 3in1. I picked it out because I wanted a seat that went to 35 lbs rfing. And of course I was sold on the "last seat you'll ever need" crap. Siiighhh...after that I bought a recaro signo I think.

I always read the manuals of everything...that's the only reason I used my first infant seat correctly. Lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
the first seat I bought was a second hand SS1 when I was 16 for a 6 month old I was keeping before I knew better...the next was some new boosters for my old job

Dmcj13

First seat I owned was a Graco SR manufactured in 04- loved this seat except for the rear adjust and having to have the handle down

First seat I bought was th AOE 3 in 1- two of them, I thought I was buyin g an awesome car seat :rolleyes:
All of those were wrecked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC