TurboBooster's head support is too tight for DD- other HBB suggestions?

irishgator1

I just received a Turbo Booster to start booster training my daughter and the head support part is too small or tight for her. I think she has broad shoulders, which may be contributing to the issue. Whatever the cause, the end result is that her head is pushed forward out of the support and she complains that it is uncomfortable.

What other booster can I buy for her that is relatively inexpensive, as it is going in a car that she'd ride in maybe several times a year. She is 43" and 46lbs.

Thanks.

ADS

kater-tot82

How old is she?

Is the headrest adjusted correctly on the Turbo so the belt guide is above her shoulder?

Could you try the Evenflo Amp high back booster? Maybe the headwings are less confining on that. (I am not sure, but it is available to try in stores).

irishgator1

How old is she?

Is the headrest adjusted correctly on the Turbo so the belt guide is above her shoulder?

Could you try the Evenflo Amp high back booster? Maybe the headwings are less confining on that. (I am not sure, but it is available to try in stores).

She is 5.5 (6 in May). I have the belt guide right above her shoulders (which is as far down as it can go, actually). She's fairly short for her age. I've yet to try it in a car, though- perhaps a slightly more reclined angle would help?

I'll look into the Amp- thanks for the recommendation.

jess71903

Ambassador
Is it one of the higher-end Turbos (Can't remember the name) with that extra little padding in the headrest? If so, I think that part is removable, and you could try it that way.

It very well may be different in the car, so I'd definitely try it before giving up on it.

irishgator1

Is it one of the higher-end Turbos (Can't remember the name) with that extra little padding in the headrest? If so, I think that part is removable, and you could try it that way.

It very well may be different in the car, so I'd definitely try it before giving up on it.

Yes, it's the Turbo that has the patterned piece that's extra padding and it looks removable to me. I'd be super excited if I can remove it! I actually called Graco and the woman said nothing could be removed, but the manual does make it sound like the piece can be inserted, though it doesn't expressly say it can be removed.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'd try moving the headrest up. The bottom of the red guides should be above her shoulders. Your comment about her shoulders bring wide us what makes me think the headrest is too low - if it's adjusted correctly, it shouldn't be touching her shoulders at all.

Let us know how it is after you adjust the headrest and try her in the seat while on the car. :)

irishgator1

Here are two pics; one is of my daughter with the headrest at its lowest and the other is of the headrest one click up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 34

Baylor

Here are two pics; one is of my daughter with the headrest at its lowest and the other is of the headrest one click up.

It needs to be higher. IT is too low for her. The belt guides need to be above her shoulders but not right at.

It looks like the extra padding is the issue. If it can be removed I would remove it.

How about one more click?

arly1983

I have the very same turbo booster! Not only is the padding in the headrest removable but so is the patterned padding behind the shoulders. All of my kids fit better without both pieces of removable padding. I really wish they would stop making turbos with that type of padding.

MommyShannon

I gave our similar booster to a friend and her dd takes the cushions in and out often. The position of the headrest will be more obvious in the car. It normally needs to be an inch or more over her shoulder to position the shoulder belt in the middle of her shoulder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC