Trying to decide... MT or TWE?

ADS

Aurezalia

I played around for about 1 hour with three across situations this morning :)

What did work:

Adult w/out seat but plenty of room, RN rfing or ffing, MT
MR rfing, RN rfing, MT rfing ( I had to really work to get this, but they did all install independently- I installed and took out multiple times to check)

I think RN, RN, MT would fit too but my other three RNs are in my moms car.

I also think RN and adult or narrow booster and MT would work too.

I've included a bunch or pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

This was fun!

Edit: And to clarify, I could not do MR, RN ffing, and MT. The MR and RN puzzle really well when both rfing though. And MR ffing, RN rfin and MT didn't work either. Plus, the RN rfing center is really reclined in this car - a lot more than when it is outboard.

:eek::eek::eek:
I'm REALLY impressed with this. What year is your Elantra? The only 3-across that works in my '02 is RN/RN/RN. Well, technically RN/CCO/RN worked as well, but then the CCO was incompatibile, so not so much. :p

gsdguenter

It is a 2010 Elantra. I was shocked the MR fit into the equation honestly, but it puzzled right in there.

Maybe it is because the RN in the middle was so reclined. Don't know, just that I was shocked. Plus, I did a little happy dance lol.

hrice

Thanks! It's much prettier in person. My daughter is dithering between Olivia and Billy currently.

I am teetering between my :love: for Cowmoo (MT) and a TWE. I wish the Two Way came in Cow. I really like the Billy pattern and the extra leg room & height the TWE gives. I am just puzzled about the install on the TWE. I read the manual and it's just strange how far back it is from the vehicle seat with nothing in between. I know it has the arm on the back but I still think it is a little odd. And, as far as bracing, the sensors in my '07 Yukon are in the butt part of the front seats so I am ok, right?

Aurezalia

It is a 2010 Elantra. I was shocked the MR fit into the equation honestly, but it puzzled right in there.

Maybe it is because the RN in the middle was so reclined. Don't know, just that I was shocked. Plus, I did a little happy dance lol.

Well, now I have an excuse to get a MR and a MT. :p

scariestone

And, as far as bracing, the sensors in my '07 Yukon are in the butt part of the front seats so I am ok, right?

We don't know, that's the problem. I ended up buying the MT because our forester vaguely says not to have anything pushing on the front seat even though the sensors are under where the passenger's thighs sit in the front seat. Having a seat braced on it may do nothing. It may cause the airbag to deploy at a random time or it may cause it not to deploy in an accident. I decided not to take the chance. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=166262 That's the thread I started about it and several techs did chime in.

SignCuer

Thanks everyone for the pics!!! I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the TWE... :D :D... I'm so excited... Will have someone riding in this soon nuff! :whistle:

Thanks Jeanum for clarifying with the bracing... I was wondering about it... but I have a 96 Ford Windstar so that's not a biggie..

Awesome!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I saw them side by side in the store and I really didn't like Billy at all. It's very black and the fabric feels thinner and more synthetic. Felix is nicer if red is not an option.

/Marcus
She liked the "polka dots" on Billy but I prefer red, she's currently leaning toward Olivia so maybe I'll get that and just say, "oh sorry, thought that's what you said you wanted!" and she'll get over it. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC