Strollers.com clearance car seats restocked

InternationalMama

My guess on the brown marks is that they may be a manufacturing thing. Like scuffing against some machinery on the conveyer belt.

I e-mailed strollers.com and they said the brown marks are a cosmetic flaw and not related to function.

Cryssy said she wasn't actually concerned about the brown marks. There were white cracks/stress marks on her seat.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Nope. The brown marks weren't deep so I really wasn't concerned. I'll post some new pictures of why I was concerned that I sent to the warehouse manager. The actual seat portion where a kiddo would sit is extremely warped along with large stress marks and cuts into the plastic. The brown scrapes eh could have cared less.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Ok, good. I feel fine about the condition of the seat. Any "wear" is so minor, I can't even say that it necessarily has ever been tried. It could have simply been set down on a showroom floor. It definitely isn't damaged, warped, or stressed in any way. And of course all straps, tags, papers, and plastic ties are in place.

Baboodiot

FYI to everyone, in case it's helpful.

After I scooped up a clearance Nitro Radian XTSL the other day, I reviewed the confirmation email I got and was bummed to see that it wouldn't ship until mid-August!!

I wondered if they were pre-selling a return that had been called in but not yet received and if that might mean it might never arrive and I could be out of luck!

So I called customer service and he explained that they'd accidentally oversold the clearance seat (like maybe a website timing glitch that let two people buy one seat) and will be sending me a completely brand new seat when more arrive in mid-August. OK, wow, cool, but wait - didn't I see that one in stock at full-price? Yes, so I called back to see if maybe he'd just been blowing smoke (or inhaling.. whichever :p ). The second CS rep called the warehouse to check on the situation, confirmed it, and then explained that the system hadn't automatically converted my order over to use the full-price inventory but they'd fixed that and now my new seat would go out by next Tuesday. Rock on!!! :)

Cryssy Jane

Laura, very interesting. Mine still hasn't been shipped. Looks like I'll be calling again... :(

ETA: 1:10pm pst and I've been on hold for 10 minutes... With all the issues I've had regarding the last two transactions through CSN I don't see me ordering through them again.

Last edited:

msg221

My Shadow XTSL just got delivered about a half hour ago. This time I had it sent to my work so I wouldn't have to worry about it sitting outside my house. How bad is it that on my break this morning I went out to my car to get the little dolly I brought so I could wheel it back to my car once it was delivered, and sat there looking at my back seat for about five minutes, contemplating whether I could get it installed in the center so there might actually be room behind the driver for someone to sit?

BritMum-in-US

My Shadow XTSL just got delivered about a half hour ago. This time I had it sent to my work so I wouldn't have to worry about it sitting outside my house. How bad is it that on my break this morning I went out to my car to get the little dolly I brought so I could wheel it back to my car once it was delivered, and sat there looking at my back seat for about five minutes, contemplating whether I could get it installed in the center so there might actually be room behind the driver for someone to sit?

When did you order it? I ordered a shadow too and it still hasn't shipped. I wonder if we bought the same seat?

msg221

When did you order it? I ordered a shadow too and it still hasn't shipped. I wonder if we bought the same seat?

I ordered it on June 22nd and it shipped out the next day.

ETA: I just saw it and the DOM is 12/10 and the box is perfect; no holes or major dents and looks to have the original tape on it too!

Cryssy Jane

Ok so I got the same info as Laura. I ordered the 24th and it has yet to ship. My original invoice said it is to be here on 7/5 but while I was on hold with customer service I got an email saying mid august. She said that there had been a glitch in the system. My seat will be shipping out tomorrow and should be new (we'll see).

I did tell her that while I appreciate how cooperative their customer service has been in all this mess that I don't see myself purchasing anything else through them.

creideamh

My pink Monterey got here today :) Brand new, still in plastic, all tags attached and not yet assembled. DOM 11/10. I have a little cousin who is going to be thrilled!!

msg221

There is one Shadow XTSL in the clearance section right now!

ETA: I meant to say it's an Eclipse. I thought it was Shadow and was going to get this for a co-worker so I don't need it now. If anyone wants it, I think it will be in my cart for another 20 minutes or so since it said it would be in there for 30 minutes. PM me if you want it!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Just got the email saying mid august arrival :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Don't dispair! I got a notice saying one of my Montereys (the one that was stuck "in shipping" and then "your status will be updated shortly" for a couple days) would arrive in August, and then I got a shipping notification a day or two later. It is in FedEx now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC