Rear facing 5 year old , booster at 56 inches .

D

Destiny

Ms. 4 is roughly 42 inches tall and 39 pounds is rear facing when she rides with me ( a few times a week) she rides in a diono ranier 2ax. She has about outgrown it. I’m not ready to forward face her. I am looking at moving her to a graco extend to fit for the extra height room. Is there an estimate of how much longer that will last.

Mr. 7 is about 56 inches tall riding in a Chicco myfit in booster mode. He has been in booster mode for about 2 weeks. He weights 65 pounds.

He has to be 8 to ride without a booster legally. My car requires high back booster to lack of backseat headrest support. I am looking for a high back booster that can get is closer to 8 years old. I’ve found a few but am overwhelmed by the options.

There are 3 of them and they all have ri be in some of seat. The one year old rides in a scenera next.

None of the kids can buckle themselves in except the 4 year old and she can only do part of it.

ADS
D

Destiny

I drive a Ford tarus 2006. They do need to be 3 in a row. He is nearly five stepping anyway.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
As a side note, I believe 3-across will still be possible since there is reasonable width in the back seat. Due to the spacing that shifts them toward the center, I assume you have already realized that you will almost certainly need to install any car seats with the seatbelt in the outer seating positions behind the driver and passenger side.

D

Destiny

All Kids but one are above latch weight. All seats are installed with seatbelt.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Rava is pretty wide, as is the Extend2Fit. Even in a wide-ish vehicle, narrower seats will be your friend.

Can I ask if there are any medical concerns for the 4 year old that prevent forward facing?

And is she outgrowing the seat by seated height (space above the head)?

D

Destiny

There are no medical Concerns. It’s easier to buckle her in when she’s rear facing because of my mobility issues . And I really wanted to get closer to 50 ponds and age 6.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok. Can you tell me how she's outgrowing the rear-facing seat?

To reassure you, if you need to forward face, it's very safe at this age.

D

Destiny

Yes ma’am. We’ve tried forwarding her in brothers my fit but back in harness mode and putting him in a backless but his backless booster kept undoing the baby’s seat. So I turned her back around for the night and put brother in the harness for the night since he still fits. About to the baby’s seat to her mom. So if there’s a narrower rear facing seat for the baby I’ll be glad to look at it . Just really need to fit all 3 in a row in this car until I get my new one.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, maybe a better solution is to switch his position so he won't unbuckle the other seat? Or to fit 2 forward facing harnesses?

The thing is that the narrow seats that she'll still fit by height, she's close to outgrown by weight. The narrow seats with a higher weight limit aren't likely to fit by height.

D

Destiny

Will she still fit in harness mode of the cosco finale? I can move baby to the diono. She is 29 pounds.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmm, she may have outgrown it. If you sit her cross legged against a wall, mark the high point of her shoulder, and measure from there to the floor, you'll get a good estimate of her torso height to check against the harness height.

D

Destiny

Neither me or her mom own a measuring tape. It’s ok. She will be in brothers myfit today. And going to try to see if baby tolerates diono. Baby’s picky. Hates upright seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC