questiong about the Britax Marathon

Ok was I mistaken, or is the sale on the Britax seats on Albeebaby older models? There is one on there for $179 (and hey that's right in my price range, why not get a Britax and see what the raves are all about! After all i've been wanting to get one, maybe now is my perfect chance) but it states RF 5-33lbs, I thought it was now up to 35lbs RFing for the marathon, but is this one on Albee a older model?

ADS

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I know of a lot of people that have order the Ashley Floral from there and gotten a great DOM. Some were only a week old!

I'd buy it in a a heartbeat if I had a need for it. The Britax sale in Sept. will have good prices, but usually not that good! LOL

Oh and I"ll add to the raves.... we LOVE our Hannah MA!

ok I keep going back and looking at that seat! DARN IT why does it have to be midnight on sunday morning and my hubby is sleeping soundly!!! I want him to look at it!!! When does this sale end? can I wait a few more hours till the sun is up for DH to see it to order it! I'm scared they will be all gone LOL. I'd be an idiot to not get a Britax at that price!

has anyone ordered from them before? How is their shipping history, I mean are the seats protected during shipping so that it doesn't arrive at your door beat up or damaged?

2BunniesMommy

It just comes in the same Britax box it would be shippped in from anywhere. If I needed one I would buy from them. I ordered a stroller in March and it got here with no problems in a week. I too have heard people on here getting ones that are new. They probably just never updated the description.

jujumum

I've ordered several closeout fabric britax seats from Albeebaby, and they have all arrived with a recent DOM & in great condition. Any damage to the box would likely be from the shipping company.

WOOOHHOOOOOO I just placed my order for the $179.99 britax marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I got a britax at a killer price!!! WOW!!! I'm so excited (is it crazy that I'm excited over a carseat!) I can't wait till I see the big brown to show up!!!! Now to go shoppping for covers!!!!! Help me find some covers just covers! My DH is excited about the seat itself, he loves that we are getting a Britax for such a great price, but he HATES the cover!!! So he's on a mission to find a cover, he saw a LSU cover at a local store, so we will go check it out on monday when it opens, but do you girls know where I can find a college team britax cover?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Just out of curiosity, why are you so excited that you're getting a Britax? There are lots of good convertibles out there in the same price range.

cpsaddict

Just out of curiosity, why are you so excited that you're getting a Britax? There are lots of good convertibles out there in the same price range.

Why shouldn't she be excited about getting a Britax? According to her other post, she bought a My Ride and hates it. I have a Marathon and am getting a Boulevard this week. I :love: my Britaxes. Besides, the Marathon IS a good convertible. I don't see this as being any different than someone being excited to get a CA or a Radian or any other "good" convertible.

To the OP: I am excited for you! I am anticipating the brown truck this week too! The Ashley is actually very pretty in person, but I can understand wanting a new cover.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Why shouldn't she be excited about getting a Britax? According to her other post, she bought a My Ride and hates it. I have a Marathon and am getting a Boulevard this week. I :love: my Britaxes. Besides, the Marathon IS a good convertible. I don't see this as being any different than someone being excited to get a CA or a Radian or any other "good" convertible.

Of course getting a needed seat at a good price is exciting. She wrote that she "wanted to see what all the raves were about" and I was wondering what exactly she was looking for, in case there might be other seats that suited her needs.

I was super excited when I got my marathon also, I never thought I would own a britax either, even though I am well aware that there are seats just as good, I knew how easy they were to use and was just thrilled to have such a nice seat.. I am just as thrilled with my true fit though and originally my my ride (we aren't getting another my ride we decided. )

They are all good seats but I do like my britax's ( we have a frontier now too and honestly I think it is the most awesome seat imaginable, for an older child! ) but they are all great seats they all meet the same safety standards.

TiaxMarie

Congrats! I ordered from Albeebaby in June, the same seat, and the DOM was 05/09. Just to warn you, the Ashley gets dirty very quickly, so if it's your main seat, definitly get a back up cover to switch out while it's being laundered!

I was super excited when I got my marathon also, I never thought I would own a britax either, even though I am well aware that there are seats just as good, I knew how easy they were to use and was just thrilled to have such a nice seat.. I am just as thrilled with my true fit though and originally my my ride (we aren't getting another my ride we decided. )

They are all good seats but I do like my britax's ( we have a frontier now too and honestly I think it is the most awesome seat imaginable, for an older child! ) but they are all great seats they all meet the same safety standards.

Excactly this. I know that all carseats all pass the same safety guidelines and are all just as safe as the next one when used properly and installed correctly, and I know that there are other wonderful seats on the market that are excellent and would fit my needs too (true fit, radian, EFTA, etc) I have a EFTA right now and I love that seat! It is great and easy to install and easy to adjust the harness etc etc etc. And only just over a year old (it was bought to replace the old style EFTA that went up to 40lbs only FF because that was involved in an accident too where some lady backed into us) This time when our car was hit again (geez do we have bad luck or what with our cars getting hit!) we knew that the seat would need to be replaced. TBTH I was going to get the truefit as I knew I would never be able to afford a Britax seat. I wanted the truefit because of the lockoffs like the Britax seats and i'd heard that it was a bit easier to install because of the lockoffs, and I'm tired of sweating and hearing my DH cuss a carseat out when we are installing it to get it rock solid. The lockoffs seemed like a bonus for us instead of using a locking clip. We have a britax dealer here and have gone a few times to admire the seats and all the covers and styles. I've loved soo many features about the Britax just from looking at them, things like the belly pad to keep the hot buckle in the 100+ degree florida heat from coming anywhere near my child's skin, and the lock offs. But alas I knew we'd never be able to afford one, so I'd resigned myself to not getting one and looking for alternatives that are great seats and suit my purpose and are available "off the rack" sota speak.

Well, here we were again, in need of a carseat due to some lady talking on her cell phone and not paying attention to anyone else, assuming she was alone on the road, ramming into my DH causing some pretty nice damage to the car, and knowing that the carseat would need to be replaced, as we have the EFTA for DD, and I knew of evenflo's policy regarding seats in an accident, and hey the lady's insurance is paying for a new seat, so..... off we go for our search.

We kept looking at the truefit and I really liked the seat, everything about it, it was soo much like the Britax seat with all the "bells and whistles" but not at the britax prices, KWIM. It also had some nice cover choices as well. So, off to find this seat "off the rack" well, here's where we hit a snag, seems that all the stores in our town want only the newest, most hot ticket item on their shelves now, so anything that isn't the "new flavor of the month" doesn't get ordered to buy in teh store although you can buy offline. I've always been leery of buying a carseat offline for fear of, what would happen if the delivery truck bringing my seat were to get in an accident, or drop the box containing the carseat or in some way damaging it, etc. So, I saw the My ride. No I wasn't crazy about the apperance of it, but hey, the safety is not in the look of the seat, so I decided to give it a chance. I mean hey it goes up to 40lbs RFing that in itself was a huge selling point for me to purchase this seat to try it. I brought it home, and spent hours and hours trying to adjust the seat's harness so that it would properly tighten on my daughter to keep her safe, this was even before installing it in our car, it never saw the inside of our car outside the box :eek:. I didn't like it, my DH didn't like it, and more importantly my DD didn't seem to like it either with the constant arching of her back and screaming! LOL

So, after trying more than a few times to make it work for us, I decided last night at midnight that this just wasn't the seat for us (and FTR I have never ever had a problem like this with any other carseat i've purchased for my kids, I've instantly fallen in love with every single carseat with the exception of the safety first alpha omega and the my ride, that i've bought. The myride reminded me of all the problems we personally had with the safety first alpha omega seat we had with DS) and that it would be going back. We were going to get the true fit shipped to us from walmart.com as it had all we were looking for, a nice cover, the lockoffs, and the price was right for $189.99 plus just .97cents shipping to my house. I came back here to say thanks for all the help and advice with the myride, but that it was going back to the store when I saw on the site a link to the "crazy britax bailout sale" and thought what the heck let's just go look, they probably will still be out of our price range at over $200 even on sale, but what can it hurt to look. I went there and what do you know I saw the marathon for $179.99. $10 cheaper then the truefit and also free shipping, on a Britax seat!!! How could I pass that up! I never ever thought I'd be able to own one, and TBTH I've always thought that price should be a factor when purchasing a carseat along with safety, I mean not everyone can afford the hefty price tag of a Britax seat. At least there are other options out there for higher weight/height seats unlike when my DS was a baby, at a reasonable, affordable price. But this seat is now in our price range, and yes I am curious about all the raves I've heard about this seat about how it teathers RFing, how it is sooo easy to install, how it is soo comfy for kids, etc etc. I want to see for myself, since I've always sort of rolled my eyes when I've heard these raves and said "WOW must be nice to be able to afford that seat!" LOL I'm not expecting some miracle chair to arrive, or that this seat is any better, safer then any other carseat on the market, and IF (God forbid!) we get hit again and have to replace the carseat (it seems here in florida if they see one in the car when you take it to the adjuster it is automatically replaced no questions asked, no matter the brand of seat) then we know we won't be able to afford another britax seat so we will go with the best carseat for us and our DD in our price range. I would have loved to have gotten the frontier for my DS and we did seriously consider it, but the $279 + tax price tag we just couldn't do that, and the graco Nautlius is a excellent seat, soo easy to use and install, and just a wonderful seat that I, my DH and DS have loved the instant we bought it, and it was easier to afford at $145! And really the same as the Frontier in terms of how it is used, KWIM.

I'm excited to get this seat because it has been something i never thought in a million years I could get, I've heard about the wonderful things about britax's seats, it is made in the USA (so i'm helping to stimulate MY economy and not some other country's for a change) and I have a seat where I can actually have some choices when it comes to covers and can change them to suit my mood sota speak. I just can't help but to jump up and down in excitement. To me this is just like getting a new carrier/wrap, or getting some new CD (which BTW I'm fixin to order 2 bumgenius diapers from Target because darn it I want to see what the raves are all about! LOL) or a new book! My DH thinks i'm nuts too, he said "I just don't get excited over a carseat like you do, I'm just looking at the safety factor of the seat alone" LOL Now we have both, the safety factor and the excitement at getting a long awaited carseat.

keri1292

I love me a new car seat too! I squealed when I got my leopard print Roundabout waaaaay back when. I had never seen anything like it back then. Car seats have come a long way and Britax covers are my favorite. Cute, plush and durable. However, covers are $$$. It may be cheaper to choose the cover DH really likes and pay full price for the MA than to buy a separate cover. :)

vonfirmath

Some people here really seem to have something against Britaxes, but they are still great seats, easy to install, and easy to find at affordable prices despite their hefty retail prices (which seems to dissuade a lot of people). I have nothing against people who choose other seats, and you won't find me trying to damp their enthusiasm, but I am getting tired of the anti-Britax snide comments being made more and more on this board.

ANY seat can be misused (And probably has been). Not just Britaxes.

Other seats look neat. But the Britax convertibles are so easy to install that if I was in the mid $100s price range (ie the price range for the True Fit, EFTA, other seats discussed) I'd look for a Britax on sale. Unless I needed 3 across (then I'd look at the Radian, or maybe the Cocorro). Or a smaller price range or the person is Canadian -- in which case the True Fit may be a better fit. You can probably find it at even smaller prices (though I have not tracked its price as much). And in Canada the True Fit goes up to 35 pounds RFing.

If you have a heavier child you are trying to keep RFing longer, or your family has a history of heavier children or you are interested in RFing to higher ages, then I'd point you toward a 40 pound RFing seat.

But the Britaxes still have their uses. And one is for those of us who need to (Or are sure they will be, whether it is readily apparent at the moment or not) be able to install the seats in multiple cars, some of which you don't even own yet to "try it out" -- I have confidence in being able to install the seat in any car I need to, cars we own, rental cars, cars on the other end of a plane trip, etc. I have proven to myself I can not do this with any other seat I have worked with.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I am not anti-Britax. I am anti-"Britax bubble" (an apparent belief that Britax is the best, hands down, no matter whatl).

The OP seemed to be more excited about the brand of seat than the actual seat itself, so I asked what spurred the excitement. If she had written "I'm getting an Evenflo on sale!!!!!" I probably would have asked a similar question.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC