Problems uploading photos

jnamommy

I tried yesterday and today to start a new post and upload a pic to it. The attachment dialogue box simply says unable to load jpg.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
There have been reports that at least one of the apps may not give you a specific warning if your file is too large, either in dimensions or filesize. If you are using the app, can you try to upload the same file on a desktop/laptop or on a regular mobile browser like safari as a test please?

lovemy2kidstw

I have been having the same issue. I have been trying to upload from my iPhone. I don't have access to a desktop. I have uploaded many pictures before on the app with no issues.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I've tried on my android with the app, with chrome and with windows on the desktop and it won't upload for me

On the desktop, you should receive an error message indicating why it was rejected, size, format, type, etc. If not, can you please take a screenshot of what happens when your upload is rejected and email it to webmaster@car-seat.org ?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The upload failed for me also.

I'm not sure why no error message was given, but the filesize is 4MB and 3264x2448 pixels. The max filesize for direct upload is 2MB and 1280x1024 for members, so that is likely the issue.

I'm sending you a smaller version back to try.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I note that somewhat increased attachment, message and photo upload limits will likely be made with some other changes at the end of the year, thanks to our new server that has much greater capacity.

Larger photos can be hosted at an independent photo site like photobucket or flickr and then you can insert the URL of the image with the IMG tag or by using the photo icon above the editor.

monstah

I'm tech deficient. :p
So is it now impossible to post an attachment (picture) into a thread using the app? I have an iPhone.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
monstah said:
I'm tech deficient. :p
So is it now impossible to post an attachment (picture) into a thread using the app? I have an iPhone.

Nothing has changed. If you could upload a picture before, either direct upload or using a photo service insert, you can still do it now.

The issue here is that members have very limited direct upload capability in terms of photo size an filesize. Community members, Senior community members and subscribers have always had increased limits, so you would not encounter these limitations as often. So, if you try to direct upload a photo or file that is above the limit, you may not get a reason as to why it is rejected, especially on the app. You can always put very large files or images on a service like photobucket or Flickr and insert them as before without limitation.

I will be raising these limits across the board for all registered users soon, making it even less of an issue.

monstah

CPSDarren said:
Nothing has changed. If you could upload a picture before, either direct upload or using a photo service insert, you can still do it now.

I guess I'm confused because I have never had a problem but suddenly can't upload pictures from my phone to the app. It says "upload of file failed".

I have always used the "+" button next to "send".

ETA: screen shot
7A946F4E-79A5-495D-AEDE-60E8439DE5D2-4216-000004AC366ED6FA.jpg

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Have you reached your capacity? I'd never had a problem either, then did have a problem a couple weeks ago. I went through and deleted some old attachments, then it worked fine.

lovemy2kidstw

monstah said:
I guess I'm confused because I have never had a problem but suddenly can't upload pictures from my phone to the app. It says "upload of file failed".

I have always used the "+" button next to "send".

ETA: screen shot

It is doing the same exact thing to me! I only have one attachment on here & have plenty of space left. It worked just fine for me to upload my halloween picture & then it wouldn't work at all.

I don't think its a coincidence that everyone started having the same issue with iPhones on the app at the same time.

monstah

LISmama810 said:
Have you reached your capacity? I'd never had a problem either, then did have a problem a couple weeks ago. I went through and deleted some old attachments, then it worked fine.

Nope, I deleted all attachments out of my user cp a couple weeks ago. I think I only have 2 attachments total.

ETA: And FWIW, if I try to start a new thread, after a few lines, the letters don't show up on my screen. The blue line and anything I type won't show up - but will if I hit "send". It's hard to explain. I deleted the app a few times but that doesn't help.
ETA: Here's a screen shot of that - see the blue dot? There's typing up to there.
042FA7D6-C0D5-47FB-8D1A-5A6ACA0A95F2-184-00000005A5E2E93B.jpg

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The issue with biddyk8 was definitely related to size, as it was over the limit both for pixels and disk space.

There could be a separate issue, though. If you can upload a file on a desktop or notebook, but can't upload the exact same file on the app, then please send the image to webmaster@car-seat.org . Now that I have app access I can look into it.

Another test would be to rename a photo that you uploaded before with the app and try to upload it again and see if it works.

Is anyone able to upload any photo currently with the app or is it rejecting everything?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
monstah said:
Sorry admin, I edited my previous post with an additional problem I've had since the change.

Weird I'm not seeing anything like that but the iPad text entry area is very big so someone else may have seen this issue and have a suggestion I hope. I am also having issues with uploading images from the app, but I'm not familiar enough with the iPad yet to figure out how to check sizes and stuff. So still looking into the issue

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That text issue happens to me sometimes and has ever since the app was created. It only happens when I've had the app open for a looong time without closing out. When it happens, I click out of the app, close it out completely (with the wiggly x's), then relaunch.

I'll try uploading a photo.

Nope, photo upload didn't work. :(

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I can't seem to upload a photo at all via safari probably because im an ipa noob. can anyone confirm a photo upload that fails via app but the exact same photo can be uploaded via browser?

Also, does anyone know roughly when app photo uploads started failing?

monstah

I uploaded a Halloween pic a few days before the 31st. Not sure when I tried again but that was the last time it worked for me.

LISmama, used your suggestion of deleting the app by making the icon wiggle and relaunching it but it didn't help the typing problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC