Potty Training and Car Seats

L

LuciaBella

So, Lucia is basically potty trained...except for the car nap where there's a big wet accident in my car. Is there ANY sort of device or something I can put under her tooshy to prevent me having to wash the cover every time this happens? There has got to be like a plastic liner or something
help!

ADS

zeo2ski

It's just when she naps? Can you predict when she'll fall asleep? I think your best bet would be put a diaper or training pants on her for those rides where she may fall asleep. A plastic cover/pad wouldn't do much to contain a big pee. This is what I've been doing with my DS--underwear for shorter trips/times I can stop frequently enough, and a diaper when he'll be falling asleep.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Use a wetpad thing for burping. Very similar to puddle pad, but we already had them. Bought in baby area at target/walmart. They come in pack of 3+ and are cheaper then puddle pad and you can pull it forward to protect belly pad on Britaz seats.

tjham

I bought some small size puppy pads at Walmart. We ended up not needing them. They are about the same size as the Piddle pad but thinner and disposable.

Calleiah

With Katie, I snipped open a Walmart bag and sat it in the seat under her. It's super thin, protects the seat (does make some crinkly noises though), and cheap!
I've also put a pullup over her clothes once. That was a bit more difficult.

L

LuciaBella

She's RF in a Radian 65.

She also has accidents while awake, so I would need something in there all the time and its a hassle to put a pull up/diaper on her just for rides. We try to go potty before/after we arrive and leave.

DahliaRW

We had the same problem with my ds. It solved itself before I found a good solution, but someone recommended just using a disposable chaux pad. You can buy the depends brand of bed pads in packages for pretty cheap.

dd9736

would it be ok for me to lay a prefold in the seat under him? we're just starting Potty training. and use cloth diapers, so I have a lot of infant prefolds.

lil96

I just asked this on the int forum recently :)

I was just going to say, I have the Radian and that dry seat thing, but it doesn't fit just right in my radian 65, I wondered if it were only for the bigger radians? So I no longer use it with the radian (not that I use the radian too often anyway, but) I use it in the strollers and it is not very absorbant. If #1 pees, it goes all the way through, I still have to take the fabric off and let it air dry.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Since she's in a Radian you could use a Sunshine Kids "Dry Seat"--their equivalent of the piddle pad.

I have the Radian and that dry seat thing... and it is not very absorbant. If #1 pees, it goes all the way through, I still have to take the fabric off and let it air dry.

:yeahthat: I bought one to use on the plane while DS was still diapered. (He had a habit of peeing through his diaper.) The Dry Seat couldn't even handle the overflow from his diaper - his seat still got wet even though the diaper absorbed most of it. :thumbsdown: I can't imagine it would do anything for a full-on accident with underwear.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC