Out of all the seats...

amanny

...which with a 5pt harness would you pick for a 4 year old and 6 year old. Car is a 2006 Accord. Pretend price isn't an issue.

6 year old is 46 inches, 49lbs, and has a 16 inch torso.

4 year old is 40 inches, 36lbs, and has a 14 inch torso.

I've been lurking for a while but thought I would say hey and actually register.

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
With the tiny tiny torsos they have, you can pick anything. I'd probably get a couple of Nautiluses or Argoses. Or put the six year old in a booster, unless there's a reason not to.

Wendy

NannyMom

I'd get a Graco Argos if they are sharing the seat (unsure from your post). If you need 2 seats, get 2 Nautilus at Target next week ;)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'm kinda fond of the Frontier 85, but it's not an inexpensive seat and you don't really need to spend that much for kids the size of yours. But if budget weren't a major issue and I were just going to pick the one I like the best, that would be it.

amanny

So I fudged on their torsos... They are actually 14 and 16in. I'm not in love with the way the Nautilus installs in my car. We tried one at Babies R Us and with twisting the belt stalk and pulling the cover back to get leverage it was still barely passable.

I had thought I wanted the six year old harnessed, but would booster be okay? He rides in one as a back up but it makes me nervous. Him and his brother can get pretty silly sometimes...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Welcome to car-seat.org! You are so lucky to have kids that will fit anything. :D I would probably choose the Nautilus personally, but you may value other features more! If possible I'd go look at as many seats as you can (perhaps the Frontier, Maestro, and ProSport as well as the Nautilus) and see what features you and your kids like best-much of it is personal preference! Then after ranking your choices, you can search them here and learn all their quirks, as well as good points! Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC