Ok - I want to be certified, now what? - Van Island Interest?

V

VanIsleMommy

November would work best for me, and probably one other lady I know, since I'm due in Feb and she's due in March. This is baby #2 for me and there is a possibility I'll have to go in for a c-section before my due date.

ADS

Keeks64

Myself and the other potential instructor both have places to stay, free of cost--that's why hotel costs were not included in my estimate.

The two options that are looking most promising are either mid-November or Jan-March. I am thinking Jan and Feb might be bad, as far as weather goes.

-Nicole.

I think either/or are a toss up weather wise - especially given the Winter were supposedly in for :thumbsdown: Last year it snowed heavily in March , but was terribly wet and rainy in November

What would happen if we set a date and the weather prevented some/alot of us from attending the course?

I would hate for a winter storm to cancel or delay your ferry come across or home - the less inconviences for you going out of your way to teach us the better

Would the last weekend in October work? Beat the snow for sure and hopefully the heavy storms? Halloween is on the Monday which could be a problem though? or even maybe the 1st weekend of November?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Myself and the other potential instructor both have places to stay, free of cost--that's why hotel costs were not included in my estimate.

The two options that are looking most promising are either mid-November or Jan-March. I am thinking Jan and Feb might be bad, as far as weather goes.

-Nicole.

I don't know how much my participation on the clinic day factors into anything, but I would not be able to easily (or possibly at all, I'm not sure) do it in November after that first weekend of the 5th/6th. My husband is away on a course for work and I don't have all day weekend child care available. I'm so not looking forward to 3.5 weeks by myself with two kids :crying:

Any time in Jan-March ought to be fine.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We have enough interest to run the class, possibly two. It's going to depend on the situation with the second instructor. Because the only available timeframe prior to Christmas conflicted with the conference here in Vancouver, I don't see how we're going to be able to run until the new year. I personally don't have a problem with newborns in a classroom setting, but they cannot be present at the check event.

I have two locations potentially available: one in Duncan, and one in Ladysmith.

-Nicole.

V

VanIsleMommy

ladysmith obviously works best for me since i'm here, I'm not due till Feb 23 so I could possibly attend something in the early new year, provided I don't have the baby before then.

Keeks64

Neither matters really but cost wise coming from out if town ladysmith would be fine as long as there are decent hotels close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

FS2011

Just coming into this thread. I'm certified through JIBC and would consider a trip to the island for the SJA course (living in the Fraser valley). I should PM Nicole for info? Also what's this conference in Vancouver?

V

VanIsleMommy

my aunt with the B&B in chemainus said she may be able to offer a discount for people coming for the course, but she would need to know a date etc. if it was in november she was going to offer a 2 for 1.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC