New Marathon straps,how are they suppose to look???

leebeeag

As im in Australia, i thought id put this thread here in Internation issues...

my sister just recieved some new marathon straps, but i think they have been put together wrong...the velcro bit is more to the top than the bottom and the part where it attaches to the adjustor strap is on the bottom...see photo below...
leebeeag

what do you think, should she call Britax or try to turn them around herself

ADS

crunchierthanthou

that looks right. You just have it layed out backward. The metal tabs go through the bottom of the shell into the base and the open loops go through the harness shoulder slots and onto the splitter plate.

edit: here's how the buckle tongues and velcro should be positioned when it's all put together.

011909_19001.jpg

Also, see this post on carseatblog.com to see how it goes through the base. It's really important that the metal plates go through both slots.

BW1426

Those look right to me as far as I can tell. They are routed the same as mine unless I am totally missing something.

You just need to pull them in the proper direction. They're on an angle so either can go up or down. Pull the part that connects to the splitter plate up and the part that connects to the sides of the seat out to the side. See how it works.

ETA: posted at the same time.

tjham

It looks confusing but actually the straps that look like they are on top go to the side and down and the straps that look like they go to the side go up and through the harness slot to the splitter. Clear as mud? ;)

HEVY

Yeah initially I thought it was upside down. Then when I looked again I realized it was all on how you look at it. Hence my edit up there :whistle:

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmmm, I went back to several of my pictures of Britax seats, I think the velcros need to be below the buckle tongues. Now, I'm all confused LOL

But if it would help, here is a picture with a child and the harness.

126_2623_Resized.jpg

CaseyRN

She just has the harness laid out funny. The shoulder straps are actually the ones that are spread out wider and the hip straps are the ones that are almost straight up and down. The harness is threaded correctly.....it just looks wrong b/c you look at that layout and think that the hip straps are really the shoulder straps and vice-versa.

The metal things on the end of the straps go on the edges and the loops on the other ends are what thread through the slit and then attach to the splitter. It's very hard to explain.

mommycat

Switch the strap layout like this:

It's always a lot harder to figure this stuff out when you are looking at a mass of webbing on the floor. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC