Need opinions and pics of BJCED..

Blondie87

So next week I plan on buying a 2008 BJCED. Either the black/black (DH wants) or the red/black. Does anyone have any real life pics of either? And is there anything I should buy with it? Parent console, body bar, child trays?

Or any other strollers under $500 I should consider? It will mainly be used for 1-3 year olds. Once in awhile a 4 year old may sit in it. Currently I have the kids in my siggy. We will be using it for talking walks on the sidewalk, in stores, at the outdoor mall outlet, etc.

And finally.. is their any deals out there on the 2008 that are better then $450 at albeebaby?

ETA- I DID search for this on google or in past threads. I couldn't find what I was looking for... :)

ADS

keri1292

I left my double at home and I;m at my parents until Sunday. I can get you pics of a 5,6 and 9yo chillin in it on Monday. :)

MySillyKids

I don't have an elite double, but i do recommend [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1259244954&sr=8-1"]The sunshine kids buggy buddy[/ame] It's awesome.

here's what it looks like on my BCJMD

IMG_1741-1.jpg

You dead set on the elite? For the uses you want, I use my BJMCD and do the same stuff, with out issues.

Blondie87

You dead set on the elite? For the uses you want, I use my BJMCD and do the same stuff, with out issues.

What's the difference between the 2? Size? And the big difference I see, is there is fabric on the Mini where kids would step on, but not in the Elite. My 1-2 year olds will not be climbing in, but DH especially thinks that the fabric will wear off from our bigger kids climbing in and out of it.

And Keri- That would be awesome! :)

lovinwaves

BJCED = All-terrain stroller with air tires.

BJCMD = Plastic tires, but can be ok for walks on sidewalks. Awesome stroller for shopping with!

They are basically on the same frame, just one has air tires and the other doesn't.

arly1983

My two boys (5 and 3, and 48lbs, and now 51lbs) have climbed into it with out issues for over a year now. The fabric is STRONG.

I have had mine almost as long as MSK (the length of time it has remained in my house should tell you how much I like it. ;) ) My 48 and 38 lbers have been climbing in and out for whole time and no issues. Even if you had issues, BJ CS is awesome. :thumbsup:

romanoma

I have the elite and I LOVE it!! I tried my 3 yo in the mini at the store, and the canopy was hitting his head. He was screaming and crying in frustration even at the store, so I knew that one wouldn't work for us :eek:. I do like that the elite is taller and know we can use it longer (since you are paying so much for it!!). My 3 yo loves to ride in it, and he never would ride in the graco double. Guess he just has good taste :rolleyes:

you won't need a separate parent console, the elite has an awesome one, it's one of my fav features actually. My only complaint is the weight, and I know the mini is much lighter, but for the times I need air tires, I forgive it for being so heavy. Plus, I figured out a way I don't have to lift it into my car, so it's very bearable.

I have a bunch of pics, I'll try to post them later.

A few weeks ago there were Mountain Buggy Urban and urban jungle doubles for sale, I don't know if they are still around or not. They are lighter, but fold a little more bulky. The seat backs are also shorter than the elite. There is also the BJ classic double for $100 cheaper on diapers.com.

HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC