Question Myride 65 or Britax MA?

maddysmomma

If you had a choice between a Myride 65 or the Britax MA classic, what would you go with?
Assume budget is not important...
Also does anyone have compare pics?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Unless the rear facing tether or extra features are important to you, I'd go for the My Ride. Same size, same slot height, fits newborns well, comes with nice padding, much better for legs, and it's half the price.

Wendy

zactayaus

Here are some comparison pics:

MR next to MA
100_1126.jpg

With the most awesome infant padding I've ever seen or felt:
100_1128.jpg

Without padding:
100_1132.jpg

And here are some pics of my 23 1/2lb, 32" LO in it (most likely he will outgrow both seats at the same exact time by height):

100_1153.jpg
GavinintheMR.jpg

100_1154.jpg
100_1164.jpg
100_1165.jpg

100_1151.jpg
100_1157.jpg

100_1166.jpg

Right now I still like my MA better. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's that I :love: my Fido cover.:eek: Seriously though I really do like the MA better.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I'd pick the My Ride, for the reasons Wendy stated, and also because of the 40 pound rear-facing weight limit. I had my son in a Marathon, but he hit the rear-facing weight limit of 35 pounds at around 2.5 years old. I bought a My Ride to keep him rear-facing longer. Since the shells are virtually the same height and both install very easily, I think having that extra 5 pounds of rear-facing weight is worthwhile to have in case a kiddo needs it. My DD may have lasted until 4 years old rear-facing by weight in the Marathon, but for my DS, that ability to rear-face longer by weight in the My Ride is important. :)

jujumum

If the seat is for a truck that needs a rf tether install or if you have space/width issues, then the MA would be a better choice. The MA also has more padding in the center and lockoffs for a seatbelt install.

This being said, I'd choose an MR hands down. I actually replaced my rf & ff MA/BV classics with MRs. I prefer the higher sides of the MR, the reinforcement of the plastic at the seatback when ff at the heighest harness height, the less brittle feeling plastic, more leg room rf and more leg support ff, and most of all the higher rf weight limit. My kids love the cupholders.:D

Although the fabric doesn't feel as 'plush' on the MR as the MA/BVs, I have found that the MR seat covers have held up just as well (if not better) than the Britax covers. The deep, plush fabric of the pale Britax covers (Olivia, Shannon, Madison) tended to absorb dirt deep into the fibers like a carpet would. It took quite a bit of effort to keep those seats looking fresh and clean. My Flair & Deco MR covers are suedecloth and have been no trouble to keep clean.:thumbsup:

FLmom

I have both and prefer the MR, as does my son. We use the MA in our everyday vehicle b/c of the RF tether (we have a truck). If we didn't have that issue I'd definitely be using the MR instead. The higher weight limit, and extra leg room is what matters to me. He only cares about the cup holders;)

coleslawcat

I have a Marathon, but I prefer the MyRide. My brother has the MyRide and I have played with his a lot, including installing it for him, I love it. The 40 pound weight limit is part of it, since our kids are heavy. But I also loved the greater leg room and the infant support. His son wasn't tall enough for a Britax when he hit the 22 pound max on his Snugride (crazy but true) and he fit very nicely in the MyRide. Plus, it costs so much less. My favorite seat is the Radian XTSL, but I think the MyRide is my 2nd favorite.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC