Love the SureRide!

ADS

callumsmom

I'm really starting to think this will be our new back up seat. I really love the purple at Target, but I can get a discount at Walmart so will probably get it there. We may be taking a trip in December where we will have to fly, is this FAA approved? Will it be good for travel?

firemomof3

Yes its approved for airline use and I think it would be great for travel since its so lightweight, narrow and easy to install

Phineasmama

I also think it would be awesome for air travel! Just from playing with one in the store they are SO light, it would be perfect.

I am considering buying one for our trip next month but...idk. I still want to bring our super duper fancy convertibles :eek:

D&L's-mommy

I really didn't think I would like this seat, but I just saw it tonight at target and actually love it! I put my 40lb 43.5" 4.5yo in and she had about 1/2" growing room! She has more room in this than the myride! I really thought I'd have to buy a radian to get 3 across, but I think this seat will work great. My dd's head is even with the top,so she would have outgrown it rf about 6 months ago (based on her size at that time), so I think that's awesome she could have rfed til 4! My only concern is that there's only 2 rf slots, and they're fairly low. anyone have any issues with a larger child rfing?

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I really didn't think I would like this seat, but I just saw it tonight at target and actually love it! I put my 40lb 43.5" 4.5yo in and she had about 1/2" growing room! She has more room in this than the myride! I really thought I'd have to buy a radian to get 3 across, but I think this seat will work great. My dd's head is even with the top,so she would have outgrown it rf about 6 months ago (based on her size at that time), so I think that's awesome she could have rfed til 4! My only concern is that there's only 2 rf slots, and they're fairly low. anyone have any issues with a larger child rfing?

There is actually four. There is three really low ones (my 3 1/2 yo is on the third) and then there is three higher up slots for a total of six. The lowest of the three high slots can be used either or. I'll attach a pic. He's on the third of the six slots RF. he has tons of growing room before he needs the next RF slot, at which point he will likely be above the 40 inch RF high limit.

image-1904863592.jpg

I actually started a thread a couple days ago. It's labeled SureRide RF 3yo or something like that with better close up pics. I don't know how to link it.

D&L's-mommy

There is actually four. There is three really low ones (my 3 1/2 yo is on the third) and then there is three higher up slots for a total of six. The lowest of the three high slots can be used either or. I'll attach a pic. He's on the third of the six slots RF. he has tons of growing room before he needs the next RF slot, at which point he will likely be above the 40 inch RF high limit.

View attachment 19983

great, thanks! When I looked at it I saw 2 sets of angled slots, that I know are for fr, then I think 3 or 4 sets of straight slots that I *assumed* were ff. I must have missed a set under the insert. Just so I understand, you can rf with the lowest set of straight slots? there's a big space between the angled slots and straight slots, so it'd be great if you can use that lowest set of straight slots for rf. Also, I thought I had read evenflo changed their rf limit to 1" of shell above the head, but it's actually a 40" rf limit?

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
Yes, the first straight slot can be Either or. I intend to email Evenflo with pics of my guy RF. He's only 33 lbs so he's got plenty of weight room. The manual states both the 1inch rule AND the 40inch limit, but they literally bolded the 1inch part. I don't know how strict they are with guidelines, or if its more a suggestion like on the infant seats. We're using this as our program seat, so I want to be certain with the ins/outs with parents.

D&L's-mommy

Yes, the first straight slot can be Either or. I intend to email Evenflo with pics of my guy RF. He's only 33 lbs so he's got plenty of weight room. The manual states both the 1inch rule AND the 40inch limit, but they literally bolded the 1inch part. I don't know how strict they are with guidelines, or if its more a suggestion like on the infant seats. We're using this as our program seat, so I want to be certain with the ins/outs with parents.

I would love to hear their response. What do you mean "more of a suggestion like on the infant seats" my niece has an embrace 35, and my brother asked me to let them know when she's getting close to outgrowing it, I thought it was 1" or 30", which ever came first?

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I would love to hear their response. What do you mean "more of a suggestion like on the infant seats" my niece has an embrace 35, and my brother asked me to let them know when she's getting close to outgrowing it, I thought it was 1" or 30", which ever came first?

I guess I don't mean suggestion, but guideline, since all kids are obviously built different. Since they publish both, with emphasis on 1 inch I want to get confirmation one way or another.

MommyShannon

Evenflo confirmed that I can disregard the 40inch limit and continue to use until he's got less than an inch of hard shell. :)

Wow! That's huge for a lower cost seat!
So what is the shell height again? Those that have used it, will the top harness position that's allowed work ok for a child whose head is 1" from the top? I'm trying to figure out what the real useable height will be.

D&L's-mommy

Wow! That's huge for a lower cost seat!
So what is the shell height again? Those that have used it, will the top harness position that's allowed work ok for a child whose head is 1" from the top? I'm trying to figure out what the real useable height will be.

I'm wondering this too. The highest rf usable slot is quite low, has anyone tried a 3 or 4 yo rf in this seat? I"m concerned about the harness slipping off the shoulders

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
My 3 1/2 year old (wearing size 4 clothes) rides very comfortably in it. He's in my profile pic. He has one more RF slot to go. You can use the lowest of the "FF slots" for RF. The floor model may not show that I'm told. It's a change that happened later. My DD is 38-39 inches and you can see by the pic you can see he's got tons of room!

Keeanh

My 3 1/2 year old (wearing size 4 clothes) rides very comfortably in it. He's in my profile pic. He has one more RF slot to go. You can use the lowest of the "FF slots" for RF. The floor model may not show that I'm told. It's a change that happened later. My DD is 38-39 inches and you can see by the pic you can see he's got tons of room!

You got confirmation from Evenflo about that 4th RF slot? Or is it in the manuals that you have? This seat is slated to show up in Canada in a few months and it might be a good choice for a friend of mine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC