looking for convertible for small baby.. opinions and pics wanted

amandav

I am looking for a convertible car seat for my 2mo old - *to go in a 2nd row bucket seat in a 2004 Honda Odyssey
- easy to install
- easy to adjust straps
- and is RF good to at least 35 prefer 40lbs
- good FF to at least 50
- I dont think DH will let me spend over $200 on a seat, including shipping.

would love it if I could get some suggestions on some seats,
also pics of their little one in the seat would help too
THANKS
one seat I wanted to mention that I am looking at is the myride 65, I am really digging the cup holders, lol.

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, not really. The My Ride is a good choice, the Learning Curve True Fit is good, Evenflo Triumph 65, and the Combi Coccoro.

Wendy

jjordan

The coccoro has a 40# forward facing weight limit and a 33# rearfacing weight limit (and will often be outgrown by height, rearfacing, before 33#), so that one doesn't really fit your preferences.

I'd also look at the evenflo momentum and the Britax roundabout55.

EmmaGrace'sMom

I have an 05' Ody, pretty much ANY convertible is a good fit for the captains chair. I've had an old style Marathon/Boulevard, Radian, MyRide, Scenera, etc...you get the picture :thumbsup: None of them had issues! I've never tried a cco, so I can't speak for it's install.

The MR fits with the front passenger seat all the way back.
2011-02-10_12-13-16_578.jpg

DahliaRW

I think the MR is the only seat that meets all your criteria. The True Fit is a close second, but it only rfs to 40lbs, but it has a taller shell.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The coccoro has a 40# forward facing weight limit and a 33# rearfacing weight limit (and will often be outgrown by height, rearfacing, before 33#), so that one doesn't really fit your preferences.

Duh, you're right.

I think the MR is the only seat that meets all your criteria. The True Fit is a close second, but it only rfs to 40lbs, but it has a taller shell.

The TF rear faces to 35 pounds, not 40. We wish. :) I'm sure you know that, since by the tone of your post it sounds like you meant to type it, but I wanted to make it clear.

Wendy

DaniChildcare

I :love: the way the MR fits LO's.

Here are pics of my guy when he was 5 weeks and then 5 months in the MR and the TF:

I have nothing to add to this thread other than... how cute is that???? :love:

btw i had to notice your little guy made his preference known of which seat he preferred LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC