List of Canadian Seats which RF over 30 lbs

mommycat

Just wanted to get a list done up to make sure I'm not missing any.
THS=Top Harness Slots

Convertible seats in Canada that RearFace past 30lbs are:
*Sunshine Kids Radian XT model only at this time(35lbs RF / 65lbs FF) (18" THS)
*Compass/First Years True Fit (and probably True Fit ARB, currently due to arrive March 2010) (35lbs RF / 65lbs FF) (18" THS)
*Britax Advocate (35lbs RF / 65lbs FF) (17" THS)
*Britax Roundabout50 (not the old model Roundabout) (35lbs RF / 50lbs FF) (17" THS - ?)
*Dorel/Cosco/Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 (aka AO/AOE) NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 50lbs FF) (17.5" THS)
*Safety 1st Enspira NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (15.5" THS)
*Cosco Scenera NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (14.5" THS)
*Safety 1st Avenue (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (16-16.5" THS)
*Safety 1st Air Protect Complete Air (TRU website lists it at 40lbs RF but not yet confirmed IRL / 50lbs FF) (??" THS)

and for good measure...

Infant bucket seats in Canada that have a limit over 22lbs are:
*Graco SafeSeat1 (30lbs)
*Graco SnugRide32 (32lbs)

Did I get everything covered?

Last edited:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Safety 1st Enspira as well - just new models. Somebody here got one from sears with a 35lb rf'ing limit. I think Zeller's might carry it as well, but their stock tends to be old so it's likely all 30lb seats still.

And just a note that the TF ARB isn't supposed to show in Canada until January unless this has recently changed?

butterfly_mommy

Safety 1st Enspira as well - just new models. Somebody here got one from sears with a 35lb rf'ing limit. I think Zeller's might carry it as well, but their stock tends to be old so it's likely all 30lb seats still.

Yep that was me I got an Enspira and then crashed it a month later. However I noticed that in the Sears catalog they still list the RF weight as 30 lbs in the write-up but the box and the seat definitely listed the RF limit as 35 lbs.

featherhead

Yep that was me I got an Enspira and then crashed it a month later. However I noticed that in the Sears catalog they still list the RF weight as 30 lbs in the write-up but the box and the seat definitely listed the RF limit as 35 lbs.

They have the new AOE too, but they still list them with the old limits.

Nevermind, I just checked, and they have the right limits for the new ones. I think some of the old ones are wrong though... some say 5-35, some say 5-30.

hipmaman

And what was decided about a rf length limit? Is it 49", 32", or 1" from the top?? :confused:

I think on the box it says 49" but the manual is 32" and the seat itself was 'non descriptive' in terms of height. Someone should confirm.

I only saw it quickly and couldn't really check myself and that was pretty much what I was told later on. Very confusing.

hipmaman

Just wanted to get a list done up to make sure I'm not missing any.
THS=Top Harness Slots

Convertible seats in Canada that RearFace past 30lbs are:
*Sunshine Kids Radian XT model only at this time(35lbs RF / 65lbs FF) (18" THS)
*Compass/First Years True Fit (and probably True Fit ARB, currently due to arrive Jan 2010) (35lbs RF / 65lbs FF) (18" THS)
*Britax Advocate (35lbs RF/ 65lbs FF) (17" THS)
*Dorel/Cosco/Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 (aka AO/AOE) NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 50lbs FF) (17.5" THS)
*Safety 1st Enspira NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (??" THS)
*Cosco Scenera NEW MODELS (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (14.5" THS)
*Safety 1st Avenue (35lbs RF / 40lbs FF) (16-16.5" THS)
*possibly the Safety 1st Air Protect Complete Air, due to arrive Sep 2009 (TRU website lists it at 35lbs RF / 50lbs FF) (??" THS)

and for good measure...

Infant bucket seats in Canada that have a limit over 22lbs are:
*Graco SafeSeat1 (30lbs)
*Graco SnugRide32 (32lbs)

Did I get everything covered?

Cat, thank you for this list. Since we have reached the limit of stickies in this forum, we have decided to add this list to the thread listing all seats with high weight limit sticky http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=343241#post343241

canadiangie

I think on the box it says 49" but the manual is 32" and the seat itself was 'non descriptive' in terms of height. Someone should confirm.

I only saw it quickly and couldn't really check myself and that was pretty much what I was told later on. Very confusing.

I had pm'd Barb quite a while ago for clarification... she was going to look into it.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC