Just for fun - what was your first carseat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Evenflo Medallion..it was not as 'overpriced' as a Roundabout, and not as rock hard unpadded as the Fisher Price Safe Embrace (which were the other two choices that were any good back in 1997). If I'd known the top slots were two inches lower and my kids would outgrow it at 2, I would have bought one of the other ones, but it was a nice fit for a newborn, and I didn't want an infant seat :)

ADS

tiggercat

My first seats were: Evenflo OHS circa 1980, Fisher price tshield infant seat, evenflo joyride (both baseless) all given to me when my eldest was born.

The first seat I bought was a FPSE, which I loved.

BananaBoat

DD came home in a SnugRide 22 given to me by my boss who had used it for her youngest. It was never crashed, not recalled & installed by a CPST at the police department who recommended I ask "the grandparents to chip in for a new seat". Lots of misuse, although she's not in a car, just in the house here. It was before I knew any better :eek:

IMGP4230.jpg

Then I came on here, realized the error of my ways & got DD a KF30 for the rest of her infant bucket days. Around 14 months we got her a TFP & eventually an Avenue for travel. Our most recent purchase has been a CARES harness after a generous member here let me borrow theirs, I got one to share with my friends who travel frequently! :love:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My first was an Evenflo On My Way 5-point infant seat purchased when I was pregnant with DD1 in 2001. It was part of an Evenflo travel system on clearance from the J.C. Penny catalog. DD1 outgrew it quickly by height. Then I got a taller/larger 22 lb. weight limit Evenflo Cozy Carry infant seat in early 2002, my first carseat with LATCH. I had intended to install the Cozy Carry with LATCH in our first LATCH-equipped car, an '02 Saturn L100, only to discover the Cozy Carry's base was pretty horrible for installing with LATCH. :p

Kayleen

I started with a Graco Safeseat 1 in the Graham pattern (tan/yellow/black plaid) November 2007. I specifically chose that seat since it had a higher weight limit (30#) so I was reasonably assured that DD would be able to RF the whole first year without having to buy a new seat. I knew too many people whose kids outgrew the Snugride 22 by 6 months. I figured spend the money now and not have to buy another carseat until we absolutely needed to. DD RF'd till 15 months (finally hit 20#). I didn't know about ERF until she was almost 2yo.

For FF, she went to the Graco Nautilus in Mariposa (still have it) Wish I would have waited a few more months for the Daisy (Want it so bad). Then the Evenflo Maestro which was recalled, and repaired so it's our spare seat now, and another Graco Nautilus in the Harrison/Henderson/Harrington? print from Target. Again seats that will last her a long time. I can't afford to be buying new seats every year.

We should be set pretty much forever for DD. She's 30# at 34mo so lots of growing room!

pandabearmomma07

I first bought a Graco Snugride, early 2007. It was a Winnie the Pooh one. I sold that one to a friend and switched Miranda to her Marathon (still have and still using) at 6 months old. She RF'd in it until her 3rd birthday. My dad bought her a Scenera for his car that is now with a friend. My best friend bought a Scenera which is in my MIL's car now and my best friend has a Nautilus in her car.

emtb79

Gerry Double shield booster- from a yard sale in 2000
Evenflo Ultara OHS 2001- I loved that thing. There began my obsession in seats. I dont have a DH but I have have my mum who lives with me and puts up with the car seat buying.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Fisher-Price Safe Embrace convertible, purchased in 2001 for my 03/2002 baby. If it was still on the market I'd buy it again (if I needed a convertible). I loved that seat!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I had a second-hand (from ebay) Century Smart-FitV (the 5-point) which I used, with aftermarket headrests, for my first 2 kids. And other than the PITA metal bar adjuster, I loved the seat, and both strollers (which were recalled).

Convertible was an Evenflo Oddesy V (that I both washed and ironed the super twisty straps on). Thankfully, it was crashed and replaced about 3 weeks after my CPST course (since I knew better then and knew it wasn't safe). ANd thankfully, it was installed but not occupied in the crash.

Eddie Bauer Vantage Point
Evenflo Titan

Now I have too many to count and can't even remember all I've used.

aclayton74

You are making my brain hurt.

First seat I ever bought some kind of Cosco contraption. I didn't like how it installed, so I gave it to my friend who used it FF (infant only) in 1987. I bought a used Kolcraft Rock N Ride or something like that. That's what dd came home in. At some point, I also bought an Evenflo Joyride, but it didn't last her long. Her next seat was an Evenflo Ultara OHS. I loved that seat. ;)

And from there it just gets ugly...really really ugly. ;) and I refuse to admit the rest on the grounds that I want to stay married. ;) LOL

Wow you can tell we are from the same era!! Anthony's infant seat was the Kolcraft seat too a three-point harness and the cover was vinyl!! His second seat was an Evenflo Ultara OHS I loved this seat as well. At the time you could actually order a tether strap and kit for it. Which I did in 1995!!!

And since then I have had about 25 other seats.

Notaclue

Graco Snugride (22 I guess) from late 2002. Not sure what the pattern was called but it was this one. http://www.epinions.com/review/pr-Graco_CoachRider_Chauffeur_Travel_System/content_34007322244

I picked that travel system because at the time it was one of the few that wasn't navy blue. I got lucky and it was a front adjust, but that stroller was a BEAST. The seat wasn't used though until 2004 when Evan was born. After he outgrew the Snugride we got him a Evenflo Triumph V because it "looked comfy".

ETA: I found a pic of E in his Snugride. He was 5 weeks old.
goinghome1.bmp

Last edited:

Mommy2Marcus

My first seat was a Graco Snugride 20 I believe that I bought at a yard sale. :eek: I used it untill Marcus outgrew it at around 5 months old, then I swapped to a Safety 1st All in One that I really liked. I then bought 2 used seats at yard sales for the other 2 cars. I pretty quickly replaced them when I found out used seats were a no no.

momma2kda

First car seat was bought for just for my son was on July 1st 2009. My son was born July 5th 2009 it was a very loved rear adjust Cosco Designer 22. It was part of a travel system. I loved the rear adjust so much easier to use!

Then I was given MY SECOND CAR SEAT! It had a dom of april 4 1994 and it was used till 2004. I trashed it cut all the straps wrote trash all over it and two weeks later saw it at a yard sale woman tried telling me that you were supposed to just buckle it in and the kid held the sheild down and she had bought it new....:rolleyes:.

The next seat was a Touriva(notch free suprisingly) that expires next year.

Then I bought a AOalln1. I love it!

Then I got a AOE.

Then a EFTA. Hated it just sold it to a friend for $30 so she wouldn't buy the $10 OHS we saw at a yard sale(My sons father who bought it knows I sold it for very cheap too. It was either that or the TFP I won and he LOVES the TFP..he said he's just gonna act as if he bought it. lol)

And now I have a TFP that I won from learning curve and I LOVE IT!!! lol.

karlatta

Graco SnugRide22. Don't know the pattern, but it's gray, black, and maroon and was part of the Mosaic travel system.

I bought it in 2006, and it's been in pretty much continuous use since then. My DS1, DD, DS2, nephew, DS3, and it will be used again in December for my second nephew. After that, it will expire.

Spam

DD came home in a SnugRide 22 given to me by my boss who had used it for her youngest. It was never crashed, not recalled & installed by a CPST at the police department who recommended I ask "the grandparents to chip in for a new seat". Lots of misuse, although she's not in a car, just in the house here. It was before I knew any better :eek:

IMGP4230.jpg

She looks so long and lean, too cute!

My first was an Eddie Bauer Designer 22 in I think 2006, long before was even concieved. Of course I changed my mind about it before I had him. He had a SS1, then I found this site while researching convertibles and the addiction worsened :eek:

jaded

A Century 530 from the hospital, back in 1995. We were told then not to buy an infant seat(or have the grandparents buy one) just to take the one that the hospital gave out. So, we did.

Second seat was a Century 1000, actually did something right there, most seats at the time were overhead shield seats, I actually bought a 5 point(only because it was a floor model discounted to $15...yeah)

After that I got smarter as far as car seats go.

SavsMom

Our first was an Evenflo Embrace - rear adjust :thumbsdown: I wasn't a car-seat geek at that point and had no idea what I was doing, needless to say I quickly learned to hate that seat, it got taken to consignment and I bought a SS1 :love:

4v1gl3.jpg
[/IMG]

so0s2w.jpg
[/IMG]

abigaylebelle

The first seat was a graco snugride 22 in a jungle print bought in late 2006 for baby born in early 2007. It didn't really fit my small newborn well and the nurse looked a little concerned but I didn't do anything about it. Then I bought a roundabout in cowmoo because I thought it was cuter than the marathon. I adore that seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC