Just for fun - what was your first carseat?

mommyof3tx

My first was a Graco Snugride in Princeton I think it was called...yellow and blue. Not sure of the year but it was bought new for my son born in 03

ADS

urchin_grey

Well, technically it was an Evenflo (Discovery?) in some jungle pattern. When we pulled it out of the box though, one of the buttons that you push in to adjust the handle was broken. We took it back to exchange it, but they didn't have anymore in stock and my section was scheduled for the next day. :eek: So I picked out a Graco Snugride travel system in Georgie instead. :D I was so not carseat savvy at the time, but I thought it felt sturdier than the Evenflo and I like that it came in a jungle pattern too. A lot of his other new baby things were jungle themed. Oh, and it was a rear-adjust, but we never had any issues getting it tight enough. The trick was to pull up instead of straight out.

This is it:
http://www.kickofsale.com/Graco_SnugRide_Infant_Car_Seat

I'm kinda bummed about it actually because it really only got like 1.5 years of use. Bram used it until 15m and then I loaned it to my sister and she used it for a few months and then got a Scenera. Then her stupid BF got them kicked out of their apartment and all of their stuff wound up in his parent's shed, along with my SR. So I never saw it again. :(

Oh looky, I found a pic! Not bad for a non-carseat geek, eh? I know the blue thingy is a no-no obviously, but I actually wound up taking it out very shortly after I put it in. It wasn't even making a difference other than just making him sweat more!

FH000004.jpg

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
J~ Century Smart Fit bucket then
Century STE T-Shield (bought from ad in paper (at least it was new in a sealed box) :whistle: then
Eddie Bauer OHS (Dorel Deluxe Convertible) wrecked with her FF @ 18 months, front end collision with injury to her head from the shield :( then
Century Next Step Deluxe then
Evenflo HBB then
Turbo NBB til age 10y2mo passed 5 step

E~Graco SR (DOM 2002) then
AOE (hated it with a passion!) then
MA (AOE went to DH car) then
Evenflo HBB (still in but expires in April...)

C~SS1 then
MA then
XTSL

D~SS1 then
MA then
Symphony 65 RF/FF

TJ~ SS1 but has tried out the XTSL and Symphony :love:

Is it bad that I can do that? :whistle:

susanx4

i forget the pattern, but it was a Cosco turn-about ( 1998), it was blue with anchors on it maybe?? followed by MANY MANY seats lol
ok i wanna list them lol
Cosco turn about
cosco shield torivia... was my stepsons and he was 5 when dd was born....
cosco torivia 5pt from a friend
century next step rear adjust... but i LOVED this seat! dd1 rode in it till she went to a booster at 6!
2 alpha omega
2 snugride 20, princeton and i don't know the name of the other one...
9 turbo boosters
comfort sport
cargo
2 marathons
1 trufit priemer
XTSL
monteray

i might of missed one.... lol

NebraskaMom

My dd was born in September 1998...and I know it was one of the first few 5 point harness seats this store carried (as opposed to a 3pt), but I don't remember the name. It was a Graco something. Her next seat was a Century something with the tray thing that came over her head. This was after our pediatrician said we could FF her at 9 months old since she was already walking (but only weighed 15 pounds...)

Laurette

Graco Snugride 22 for DS in 2005. DD used it too as a newborn and inbetween that a friend of mine used it for her DD.

DS
Gabriel0to6mo388.jpg

DD
IMG_1915.jpg

I remember researching carseats and strollers for so long... and I remember a lady came into our birthing class and brought her new baby and was talking about everything and she mentioned how they had returned the first carseat they had because it was so hard to adjust. She told us all to make sure we got a front adjusting carseat and that is what I did. I don't think there was anything else on the market when I bought mine... I think all the infant seats were 22#s but I could be mistaken.

After that I got a Evenflo Triumph with the horrid doubble sholder straps and 30# RFing limit. I hated that thing and soon sold it and replaced it with a Marathon (after finding this website).

cdncasper

I bought 2 AOE for the twins I was a nanny for. For the most part they worked pretty good for what I needed and had them for a few years until I became a huge carseat nerd and got Radians.

amy&girls

An Evenflo Cozy Carry (I think its what it was called). From 2003. I registered for a snugride, but didn't get it, and received this one as a hand-me-down

Maggie

My first uneducated carseat was a garage sale shield booster that I used for my friends 3 year old.

Shortly after that I learned the error of my ways and bought an Evenflo Chase for her. In fact, it just expired over the summer.

It's the only seat I've kept until expiration!

NannyMom

The very first was a shield booster. Followed by a booster mode Berreva from a loaner program. I also bought some old carseat with metal legs from a church yard sale. I took the cover off to wash, then couldn't remember how the seat went together, so it never got used. These were all in high school, for babysitting.

As a nanny, my first seat I bought was a Graco combo, pre-Cargo. It was tippy in my van, so I got an Eddie Bauer combo, the Dorel harnessed High Back Booster. Then a Cargo, then a Century convertible, pre-Comfortsport from the consignment shop. Somewhere in there I was given a Touriva by a babysitting family for their daughter, as my Christmas gift (with my suggestion).

As a Mom.... Comfortsport from the pregnancy center, then Roxy SS1 as a baby shower gift. Then a Titan. Then another Titan after the CS was crashed. Then, 2008 came and I went crazy. It started with a Marathon, I just *had* to have one. Then the crazy started, and my head hurts trying to remember :eek:

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I started with a Graco SnugRide, I don't remember the cover name but it had jungle animals on it(which did not fit DS. I thought it was right but I was oh so wrong) (this was outgrown by 6months)
DSCF1001-1.jpg

Then he had a Cosco Scenera(Gave to my aunt who needed a seat for her grandson because his was a second hand piece of crap)

Then a Britax Decathlon(Which I traded in at BRU)

Then a First Years TrueFit(Gave to a friend whose seat was held together with duct tape.)

Then a Graco MyRide(Current)

Then an Evenflo Symphony 65(Outgrew RF and sold)

Then a Britax Roundabout 50(Crashed)

Then a Safety 1st Complete Air LX (Current)

He's 28 months old and has had 8 car seats.....I think I have a problem....:whistle: AND I'm trying to save up for that Multi-Tech I saw in Swap.....

aeormsby

Graco Snugride 22, the Windsor pattern. Not a bad seat but didn't have EPP foam. Used it for DS also.

DD about 2 months old (first carseat picture we have of her)
100_0329%208%20weeks.JPG

And DS @ 2 weeks old
100_2978.JPG

They both started out big and then slowed way down. DD used the seat until she was about 11 months old:
100_1747%2010%20months.JPG

msg221

I've only been at this for two years now so my seats are recent ones. The first thing I bought was two SS1 bases to keep in my car for my godchildren's seats. They had the SS1 in French Roast. The first convertibles I bought were the older BLVD's, one in Cowmoo and the other in Madison. I can't believe how many seats I've been through, but now I have a TFP in Retro Geo and a MA70 in Cowmoo (came as Allison, now wearing a Cowmoo cover).

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
First seat I ever bought was a Gerry Guard with T-shield convertible for my nephew. He used it from birth (very scary!).

DS1: Gerry Guard with glide infant seat
Renolux Turn-A-Tot - could not get installed, so it was returned without using. Good thing, since it was recalled soon after that!
Evenflo Ultara with dinosaur print convertible
Gerry or Evenflo? combination seat - just found it on the pictorial - it was the Gerry Evolution
Evenflo backless booster

DD1: Evenflo On My Way infant seat
Century Smart Move convertible
Evenflo Apollo combination
Evenflo Comet combination
Graco turbobooster
Graco airbooster

My little guys have been in Marathons and a Frontier - no oldies for them!
Renee

brookity

Mine was an Evenflo On My Way that was part of a travel system that I bought when I was pregnant back in 2001. Sadly I miscarried but kept the seat and used it with my DD. I only used it for three months when the stroller broke so I got a Graco Mosaic stroller and had to have the Snugride that matched. Thus began my obsession with car seats AND strollers. Looking back, I think the Evenflo was probably expired by the time I used it because it didn't have LATCH. I did like the seat though because it was very compact and fit very nicely on top the shopping cart :eek:. I know better now but back then it was really important :rolleyes:.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My first was a Cosco Scenera, pre-kids, back in my babysitting days. DS1's first seat was a Graco Snugride with 5 pt harness and front adjust. He was born in 2001 and those were hard to find then, at least around here. I researched long and hard and it was my very first internet purchase. The nurses at the hospital were very impressed!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
You are making my brain hurt.

First seat I ever bought some kind of Cosco contraption. I didn't like how it installed, so I gave it to my friend who used it FF (infant only) in 1987. I bought a used Kolcraft Rock N Ride or something like that. That's what dd came home in. At some point, I also bought an Evenflo Joyride, but it didn't last her long. Her next seat was an Evenflo Ultara OHS. I loved that seat. ;)

And from there it just gets ugly...really really ugly. ;) and I refuse to admit the rest on the grounds that I want to stay married. ;) LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC