I bought a Smartseat

MissAllyLou

I couldn't resist, it was $246 after tax with the trade-in at BRU. So far, we love it! It's a beast, very heavy. It's a good two inches wider than the Nautilus. Install was easy!
Pics, in order, are: Smartseat forward facing, Nautilus comparison, growth room FFing, side view comparison with GN, RFing growth room, and leg room.

Any specific pics you want, just ask!

Model is 3y6m, 30 lbs, 36 inches

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Wow! It does look like a beast of a seat, but not in a bad way. Love the RFing leg room!! What do you think the puzzle possibilities would be for it? This may just be added to the list of possible seats for the new baby :whistle:

tl01

Can you put the headrest all the way up in FFing mode? Ours was going to knock in to the headrest of the car. I can remove my headrest... but I wonder if that will be an issue for headrests that are not removeable.

MissAllyLou

Yes I can put the headrest up all the way FFing. I have to check on RFing, will do that after dinner.

Tl01, can you install with LATCH? the straps are too short in my car.

tl01

MissAllyLou said:
Yes I can put the headrest up all the way FFing. I have to check on RFing, will do that after dinner.

Tl01, can you install with LATCH? the straps are too short in my car.

I'll try. I have a SS1 and always used the lock off since it is so easy so it didn't occur to me to try LATCH. Strange that the strap would be that short.

Kat_Momof3

can the headrest be lower when she's harnessed like that? I just don't like how the headrest seems to be so high.

which seat does SHE like better (without factoring in that she can sit facing backwards in the SS)

MissAllyLou

can the headrest be lower when she's harnessed like that? I just don't like how the headrest seems to be so high.

which seat does SHE like better (without factoring in that she can sit facing backwards in the SS)

The headrest isn't in the right spot in any of those pics, I just realized. I'll have to get a pic of her riding in it on Tuesday (I won't have her until then.

She says the SS is more comfortable. She calls it her brown seat. She's chosen it every time so far, and was irritated when I wouldn't leave it with her mom for the weekend (it won't fit 3-across in Mom's Jetta!).

Last edited:

cookie123

How was the install? Is it nice and tight? There looks like no ff leg room. Also, does it push her head forward at all?

MissAllyLou

How was the install? Is it nice and tight? There looks like no ff leg room. Also, does it push her head forward at all?

Install is easy peazy, rock the car solid, with the seatbelt. I can't get it installed with LATCH, because the strap is too short to hook to the anchors.

FFing leg room is about the same as the Nautilus, from the looks of it. I can take a tape measure out there in the morning to measure, if you'd like. Doesn't push her head forward at all :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC