Help Radian RF in 2007 Toyota Camery(more pics in last post)

Amanda&3boys

Help with the install of the RF of my Radian. It is using latch to install and the incline is too much. The front passenger seat is pushed to close to the dashboard. I have included pictures. Can someone please help? How can I get the less of an incline? My DS2 is 16 months and 25lbs
DSCN1358.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Re: Help Radian RF in 2007 Toyota Camery

I can see in the picture that you have the recline for *forward facing* down on the seat. That *must* be in the upright mode and you need to attach the rear facing boot that came with the seat for rear facing use... I can't tell if the boot is on there or not, but it doesn't look like it.

When tightening up the lower straps you want to put pressure on the seat where babies feet go... this will encourage a more upright install.

Also, when you are attaching the rearfacing tether, just take the slack out of the strap... do not pull it tight as that will over recline the seat as well.

This is what the boot looks like when attached to the seat...
462194390_875bccba43.jpg

Amanda&3boys

Re: Help Radian RF in 2007 Toyota Camery

Okay I will go and fix it and see if that helps. The boot is on but I think that since the FF recline was on you couldn't see it Thanks I may be back with more pictures or questions

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
It still looks a little reclined... if you pull the seat away from the seat bight (about half an inch) and put your weight on the front of the seat (where babies feet go) when tightening the lower anchor straps, it may go more upright for you.

ETA: It's also much easier for us to tell the rear facing angle if you take the picture from the side of the seat looking straight into the vehicle (level to the carseat). :)

Amanda&3boys

Okay here are some better pictures. I pulled the car out and took the picture with the camera level with the carseat. I tried to do what you said about the seat bight and it work a little.
DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
That looks much better. :thumbsup:

Make sure there is less than one inch of movement AT the belt path and you're all set. :)

Amanda&3boys

There isn't any movement. It is in there rock solid. Now I will search for the successful Radian installation thread and post in there. Thank you so much for all of your help, I was about to take the seat back to the store

keri1292

:D

I uncerstand 100%. We had 3 across with a rear-facer in the center that liked to kick his siblings in the face. :eek: Not pretty!

CandCfam

How thick is the towel underneath the seat? It looks like you have it folded and under there, which usually adds too many layers.:twocents::)

lauralou

I have a question,we have a evenflo advance with our 1 year old and it is big ,he is ff which i have heard he needs to go rf.Is the radian a comfortable seat ,he is 20lbs 9 oz and 31 inches.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi and welcome. It's great you're considering turning your little one rear facing (RF) again because it offers significant safety benefits. Please see http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx for details about these benefits. Your Triumph Advance has good extended rear facing potential, unless you're in need of a narrower carseat to fit more seats or passengers next to it in your vehicle, then the Radian might be an alternative. :) The Triumph Advance would take up less space front to back than the Radian RF most likely, because of the Radian's required RF "foot" which creates a pretty big rear facing angle, as you can see from the photos posted earlier in the thread. Also, the Triumph Advance has a higher 35 lb. rear facing weight limit vs. the Radian's 33 lb. RF limit (the Radian's limit might be increased on future models according to the manufacturer's rep, but nothing official yet that we've seen). I'd give the Triumph Advance a try RF first, if you haven't already done so, before considering anything else.

lauralou

ok thank you .i will turn him back around then and try it.we went straight from infant seat to triumph and foward facing so i will try it rf.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC