help finding 3 across for 2016 subaru outback

Hi. I'm struggling to get two convertibles (boosters with harness, actually) and one backless booster in my 2016 subaru outback. I've tried two tranzitions, but they leave room only for an 11" backless, whether placed side by side or each on a window side. Huge problems getting the backless booster belt buckled if it's in the center. We need a belt positioning clip for the backless (many sold now do not have them). I prefer not to put my twins (5.5 years old, 45" tall and 41/47 lbs) in a belt positioner only, but would do this if I could find a solution. But even the narrow high backs that are slimmer than the tranzitions cause problems, because they have to be dead in the center of the subaru bucket seats, so I lose the advantage of the trimmer fit (I have the snuglock tranzitions, so I can push them off center a bit before locking them down). Has anyone put two high back harness seats and a backless booster with belt positioning clip in the back of their 2016 outback? Any help would be super crazy greatly appreciated!!!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

It sounds like you've tried many of the tricks we often recommend. Have you put the harnessed seats next to each other in both possible combinations? It looks like the back bench has a 60/40 fold, and sometimes which side the outboard seat is on when installing side-by-side can make a difference.

Generally, as you have found, boosters are harder to get 3 across with enough room for buckling.

What is the booster rider's age/height/weight? There are some good low-profile seats, but some have higher than typical lower weight limits.

It sounds like you've tried many of the tricks we often recommend. Have you put the harnessed seats next to each other in both possible combinations? It looks like the back bench has a 60/40 fold, and sometimes which side the outboard seat is on when installing side-by-side can make a difference.

Generally, as you have found, boosters are harder to get 3 across with enough room for buckling.

What is the booster rider's age/height/weight? There are some good low-profile seats, but some have higher than typical lower weight limits.
Thank you for your reply. We ended up putting the Tranzitions at the outer spots, using the snuglock to get them as far to the side as possible. Then we used a bubble bum (initially) in the center with a belt positioning clip and later when it arrived a graco right guide in the center. It was a little bit of a challenge to get the center clipped in and to not accidentally unclip the tranzitions with a clip at the same location, but overall worked well and kids were all happy/safe. I think I might still play around with a side by side option for the high backs for futures. Thanks again for your repsonse!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC