HB Turbo $24.99 at Target

christineka

:confused:

Tax was $1.71 in WJ (6.85%). My card was charged $46.70. What I was showing above is that they add in the GC, then take it back off, but you have to return both to get the full amount back.

Oh, okay. I was thinking the total was $64. So, now I'm back to thinking I might be able to make $5 off of buying and selling later... Maybe I'll go visit target tomorrow just to look.

See, I could buy a hb turbo, get the gc. Sell the turbo. Use the gc to buy a backless booster and it's basically getting the backless for free. Hmmm.

ADS

3acorns4Christy

I'm thinking about buying the airplane one to store in the garage for a while still. Joel loves airplanes so that might be perfect. Have to talk to DH.

ginny4

i scored a "let's go"!!! last one they had in stock & didn't have any of the girl one. what's nice is i had a $25 GC from christmas that i used so with that card & the $20 they gave practically paid for itself. DS doesn't even need it (only 3.5yo) but he'll outgrow it before it expires so no worries there. now i need a cute girl one to have a sale like that.

mimieliza

Okay, don't hit me since my DD is only three (34 lbs)... but how long would I have to wait before I could start using this booster sometimes? Obviously some time after she turns four, but when? Is four and 40 lbs okay? I'm pretty sure she'll stay nicely in the seat, she's not a wiggler in the car. I am worried about the risk of submarining, but that seems more like a size issue than an age issue.

babyherder

thank you for posting this! i bought one. because a boy named jet needs a booster with jets on it...:whistle:

he fits well in it. i think it will be the extra when we get a second vehichle in a month or two.

Makes me wonder what Cash and Fox's booster seats will look like...I'm sure they'll be interesting. And I love the TB with the jets! Going to look for one tomorrow or Thurs.

Evolily

Okay, don't hit me since my DD is only three (34 lbs)... but how long would I have to wait before I could start using this booster sometimes? Obviously some time after she turns four, but when? Is four and 40 lbs okay? I'm pretty sure she'll stay nicely in the seat, she's not a wiggler in the car. I am worried about the risk of submarining, but that seems more like a size issue than an age issue.

A lot of people consider 4 and the minimums of the booster as OK for occasional short trips and booster training. For regular use 4 and 40 (for lightweights 6 and 30, 5 and 35, etc- ykwim) and mature enough to sit correctly 100% of the time during use.

Mom2RJA

I just picked up two of these in "Let's Go". Perfect timing--we needed new seats for Grandma's car. My 6-year-old is in a Wizard that is about to expire, and my 9-year-old is about to hit the weight limit on his Regent, so the Rocaro Vivo he's been using in Grandma's car will replace the Regent in my car, and both boys will have the Turbos in Grandma's car.

I was able to walk up to the cashier with two seats in my cart, pay for one, get my $20 gift card, and then use the $20 toward the second seat.

I was pretty impressed with the DOM too--11/26/09. The one seat left at that store was 8/18/09, so you might gain a few months of use by checking dates on all the boxes.

BigDaddy

I just picked up two of these in "Let's Go". Perfect timing--we needed new seats for Grandma's car. My 6-year-old is in a Wizard that is about to expire, and my 9-year-old is about to hit the weight limit on his Regent, so the Rocaro Vivo he's been using in Grandma's car will replace the Regent in my car, and both boys will have the Turbos in Grandma's car.

I was able to walk up to the cashier with two seats in my cart, pay for one, get my $20 gift card, and then use the $20 toward the second seat.

I was pretty impressed with the DOM too--11/26/09. The one seat left at that store was 8/18/09, so you might gain a few months of use by checking dates on all the boxes.
Graco seats expire in December, regardless of the month that they were made. Any made in 2009 will expire Dec 2015, but if you manage to find one from 01/10 you could get an extra year. :thumbsup:

mimieliza

Rats. My Target had not a single Graco seat left on their shelves. I really wanted a Turbobooster and a Snugride 32/35 base. The only thing they had was a rear-adjust, girly Alano travel system on clearance.

natysr

It is on a sticker on the top of the box. But like Big Daddy said, any seat made in 2009 will expire Dec. 2015.

For only $25, I got it anyway.

The Turbo booster is not the booster that I will want to use when we eventually move to a booster full time.

It is one that I basically want to have on hand in case of an emergency situation.

I know it fits little kids well, which is important since Jordan is getting older, but really isn't getting bigger. :p

DH and I discussed it more, and we plan to use it only for driving him to school in the morning, and taking him home from daycare from now, until the end of the school year this year. (BTW, the daycare lady is basically 15 houses away from us on DH's way home from work.)

It is in our car along with a harnessed seat. The harnessed seat will be used on all other rides.

We want to feel confident that he can ride appropriately in the booster if need be. Especially since we are not exactly sure who will care for him when the baby is born (and that may change depending on exactly when the baby is born). We also want him to have experience sitting in the car correctly for school bus field trips later this year.

Once the baby is born, the booster will go in the garage and will be there as a spare. Jordan will be harnessed full time throughout the summer and my maternity leave.

By the time school starts back up again, we will reevaluate how we want to do drop off at school, and what seat we will use. But, we will still have the turbo as a good spare if we need it.

I'd much rather see him in something like the parkway with the slideguard, but he couldn't use that until he is 40 pounds. (silly to me since the little guys are more likely to need it. It doesn't fit the nitch of the Older kids that are under 40 pounds. Jordan won't likely hit 40 until his is 7 or 8.)

Mom2RJA

Graco seats expire in December, regardless of the month that they were made. Any made in 2009 will expire Dec 2015, but if you manage to find one from 01/10 you could get an extra year. :thumbsup:
How can that make any sense? I am all for getting rid of seats when they expire. I want my kids to be safe. But it just doesn't make sense to me that a seat made at the beginning of January is safe for a whole year longer than a seat made a week earlier at the end of December.

crunchierthanthou

How can that make any sense? I am all for getting rid of seats when they expire. I want my kids to be safe. But it just doesn't make sense to me that a seat made at the beginning of January is safe for a whole year longer than a seat made a week earlier at the end of December.

Several manufacturers use December dating. The shells are stamped "Do not use after December 20XX", with the XX being 6 or 8 years from DOM regardless of which month it was (the 6 or 8 years varies by manufacturer). I think that expiration periods are conservative and I trust that the manufacturers have tested the seats to know that they'll perform safely for as long as they're stamped.

marcymc

I am thinking of buying this for dd who is 5.5 yo. She has never ridden in a booster before so I'm new to this.

Is there any difference between this booster and the Graco turbobooster in the "Abby" pattern sold at Babies R Us? I like that pattern better, but at this price I can deal with the bright pink!

danivdp

Went in today for a Let's go and they were out. Wouldn't write me a raincheck either :mad:

Marcy, same seat, different fabric on the cover. As long as "Abby" is a high back (not no-back) booster. Good luck :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC