HB Turbo $24.99 at Target

crunchierthanthou

well, $44.99 with a $20 GC back. See page 13 of Today's ad.

You get a $20 GC with select Graco seats. It pictures the $154.99 GN, $79.99 ComfortSport, and the $44.99 HB Turbo. It looks like it's in-store only. It only shows the pink TB, but I'm going tomorrow in hopes that it's the airplane one as well.

ADS

natysr

Oh that is so tempting! Especially since I have a Target gift card from Christmas that would completely cover the upfront cost.

But I'm not ready to booster train! Sure, I could hold onto it. But who can buy any type of seat and not "play with it". Jordan would not want to go back to a harness if we let him try it.

But, let's fast forward to June (when baby is born) is it really practical to have a boy who is 2 months shy of his 6th birthday and not even own a HHB that he could use in case of emergency. Also, field trips will be happening this year at the new school. He will ride on a school bus. Booster training him could help him sit properly on a school bus.

But he is only 34 pounds!

But, I can't keep him in a harness 100% of the time forever.

But, it would be also be good to have if we need to drive a little friend of his.

natysr

I ended up getting it. DH wanted to go ahead and do it.

He thinks we should booster train Jordan before the baby is born, this way we will still have his harnessed carseat in the car AND the booster.

We all sat down and discussed it together.

Booster rules for Jordan are:

1. Shoulder belt will be locked
2. Will only be used on short (less than 3 mile) trips on roads that have speed limits of 35 mph or less. (This will get him to school and home from DCP, also will include trips to our grocery store and Target.)
3. All other rides that don't fit into category #2 will be in his harnessed seat.
4. If there is any whining or fits about which seat he is asked to sit it, the booster seat goes in the garage for 1 week.

Wish us luck!

ginny4

would it be crazy to buy the airplane one & save the cover for when DS goes to a booster in 2.5yrs? LOL
i really need a girly one but that girl one is not quite the pink i was hoping for

Niea

I don't think that's crazy!

A while back I got a the old girly one on clearance from Target for $22. Eventhough my DD had never ridden in a booster, I snatched it up. Granted, she was 4 so not that far off.

Well, I just kept it in storage or in the back for transporting her friends who already do ride in boosters part time. Then just a few weeks ago I was in a wreck and it was so nice to have that booster to transport DD in until I could replace her Frontier. I trained her right then and she did wonderfully. She's 4.5 and 43lbs, so not super tiny. I still prefer her harnessed, but ocasionally booster use is OK with me.

ginny4

well i went to the graco site to see how much it would be if i bought a new girl cover. $44 shipped. um yeah i'm going to target & see if i can snatch up that airplane one. $25 is a steal even if i never ever use the actual booster. LOL but i won't sweat it if i can't get one.

mom2juliarose

This is so incredibly tempting. I hope a deal like this comes around when we need a booster. I considered buying one now, but we're not ready to put DD in a booster (SHE'S not ready for one), and we're moving in May so I don't want to risk the box and booster getting damaged in the move.

christineka

What if I buy a turbo, then return it. Do I still get to keep the gift card? I'm considering buying and then selling the seat, but if that doesn't happen, return the unopened box.

crunchierthanthou

What if I buy a turbo, then return it. Do I still get to keep the gift card? I'm considering buying and then selling the seat, but if that doesn't happen, return the unopened box.

no, you don't get to keep the GC. Your receipt will have a section that looks like this:

--------Special Promotion--------
Booster Seat - $44.99
(refund value = $24.99)
GC balance - $20.00

subtotal - $64.99
GC Free - $20.00

package total = $44.99.
All items must be returned for full refund.
-----------------------------------------

mommaon112903

My Mom solved our "WTD" for us :D I just wish I would not have already ordered, and thrown away the boxes that the Monterey bag came in :( I was all ready to pack up the Monterey, stick it in its bag and carry it on with us, but now we don't have to :thumbsup:

I just hope Josef fits into the HB portion, I moved his Parkway up a notch yesterday-again :eek:

They didn't have the pink one but my Mom said this one didn't have airplanes on it, or so she could tell, what cover is it :confused:

BigDaddy

:confused:

Tax was $1.71 in WJ (6.85%). My card was charged $46.70. What I was showing above is that they add in the GC, then take it back off, but you have to return both to get the full amount back.
The title may be confusing some people into thinking that the total will be $24.99.

You're not actually getting a turbo booster for $24.99. You're buying a turbo booster for $44.99 and getting a free $20 gift card.

skipspin

Hm, so tempting. DD and I don't like the girly cover. I wonder if she could be talked into the "Let's go" one. It would match nicely AND the DSs would like it someday.

If they had a GN to match it- it would be a given. I really want to get DS a Nauti in that fabric. C'mon Graco! Make something boy-ish that I can't resist.

aja

thank you for posting this! i bought one. because a boy named jet needs a booster with jets on it...:whistle:

he fits well in it. i think it will be the extra when we get a second vehichle in a month or two.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC