Graco 4ever

Baylor

Well, the law in a few states, certainly not nationwide http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/safetybeltuse?topicName=child-safety but that's a vestigial number based on the 9 month old dummy that refuses to leave the public consciousness. Graco just has no moral conviction, IMO (and Dorel downgraded their FF rules, and Britax used to be 22 pounds...they all suck to some degree :p, Evenflo's gotten a lot better lately, though :))

The law that I can see is 1 yr and 20lbs for the states that even specify rearfacing. So they are right there along with the law. I bet if they get the law changed to 2yr rfing the low ff age and weight will change.

ADS

NannyMom

I think as long as the law is a year and 20, They are going to keep their limit low so people will use it. If they think they can not use if ff at 20 lbs then they are not going to buy it.. Most people who want all in ones, seem to be ones that do not really think beyond "when can I ff" anyway, if you ask me.

Md was almost the first state to lave a rf until 2yrs law. But we won't until car seat manufacturers increase their minimums.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's on the Babies R Us employee training videos for June (just a still life with bullet points, actually), so I guess it might be coming soon :)

xursusmaritimusx

It's on the Babies R Us employee training videos for June (just a still life with bullet points, actually), so I guess it might be coming soon :)

It's on the shelf in my area. Seattle. A few of us have gone and played with it. We took a bunch of pics and tried kids out in it. Installed it in a Mazda 5. It's quite Impressive.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Whoever names Graco seats sure loves "4"s for "for". Enough already!

It looks pretty cool, actually.

It's a hint for the starting weight limit of the seat. Graco Size4Me 65? It goes from 4-65 pounds. Right there in the name.

Amie and I played with this, along with another tech. I've got a few pictures in a public album at https://www.facebook.com/wendytischler/posts/10202899844031686 It's a pretty awesome seat, to be honest. The one and only downside is that you can do a My Size plus Turbo for under $250.

But a GracoPedic 4Ever Elite version with extra padding and a lockoff? Worth the $300 (Graco, are you reading?). This seat, though, is pretty much worth the $300. It's $30 a year. $2.50 a month. It's usable in all modes. It's compact front to back. It has six reclines. It has a GREAT booster belt fit (typical of Graco). It's FAA approved in harness mode. It's got the My Size height rear and forward facing and the Argos height boostered. The backless booster looks far more comfortable than the Nautilus in backless mode. The cupholders are nice (no cubbies). The harness storage is great. Really, Graco heard everything we've said and implemented it.

Wendy

scoutingbear

Putting aside we all know that using a top tether is best, what are the top tether rules for this seat? How does the base compare to a GN? Seriously considering it for a grandparent seat as I have 3 seats expiring in the next year and at least one the year after that. :crying:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Tether forward facing (in harness and high back mode, if possible, though not required in booster mode if I read the manual properly. Just an option).

The base is 14" square, so overhang issues shouldn't happen.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Tether if at all possible. The manual says must, but it also says to store it a specific way if you don't have LATCH.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC