News Foonf Info. Check it out

NVMBR02

Overall I am happy with the way it looks. I am a bit concerned with the height when RFing but I will likely only be keeping dd2 RFing for another 12-14 months. So I might be willing to deal with the inconvenience for a few months. I know that my youngest likes prefers the MyRide to the Radian because she can see out the window better and I think the Foonf will allow for an even better view.

ADS

mommyfrog

I'll be putting it in a passenger van with crazy long seat belt stalks, like the buckle ends up in the middle of the seat belt path of a rf Radian and I have to use some kind of device to stick in there to unbuckle it "long". I think it will work fine in there with the tall ceiling. And did anyone notice the new rf height limit of 46", or was it already mentioned? I still :love: it.

Spam

It looks cool, and I :love: the julius stripe. The price is killing me, just don't think I can justify it. A is just 3.5 and wouldn't fit rfing due to weight or ffing unless you gain harness height installed. Love that you can fit 3 across, but $1500 in carseats... dh would kill me :eek:

penguingrooves

Spam said:
Love that you can fit 3 across, but $1500 in carseats... dh would kill me :eek:

my hubby better be okay with it because it's $1,500 for 3 carseats in our fully paid compact car or $35,000-40,000 for an odyssey!!!

April

My DH just said "you used to make noises like that when you looked at ME. It is a nice looking seat.....wait $500???!! I'll buy you a framed picture of one"

I don't care. I need one of these. Its just so damn nice looking.

sunnymw

April said:
My DH just said "you used to make noises like that when you looked at ME. It is a nice looking seat.....wait $500???!! I'll buy you a framed picture of one"

I don't care. I need one of these. Its just so damn nice looking.

:ROTFLMAO:

Adorkable

Foonf Fabrics

Can folks with experience or knowledge of the Clek Fabric comment of the "Drift" fabric?
(which claim to be constructed of automotive, anti-bacterial fabric without a moisture barrier)
How is it different from the others that are Crypton® Super Fabrics (which claim to be which is stain, moisture and bacteria resistant)
I guess I'm wondering what is the "Pro" to it's "Cons"? since it seems like there needs to be a reason they are giving up the stain and moisture resistance. Is it way more breathable? are the other ones sweaty? Does it wear better in some other way?

I'm getting close to talking myself into preordering two of these for our twins, but struggling on picking TWO colors. and kinda bummed that the black seems like a lessor option. I wish they made a few more solid colors, like purple or red.

lovemybabies924

388105_10150462501332767_56869167766_8529047_1944472660_n.jpg

Look at her head in this picture in relation to the driver's seat headrest. In my CRV WITH the angle adjuster, the Radian very top of the shell is below the vehicle headrest of the passenger seat it's behind. But the Foonf, the child's head looks to be even with the driver's headrest, AND that's not even fully extended - a much taller child could still RF in it. I think it's going to be pretty challenging for visibility and loading/unloading in smaller cars especially. Sad.

am i being ridiculous that i think this seat makes the childs head too close to the roof? i get pics in my head of KQ's oddy how the roof crumpled in right into the "head zone" in the front passengers seat...what if it did that above a kiddo and the seat had them that high? \\

crazy rant over...:eek:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Just to point out, the roof crushed because we landed on a rock.

The intrusion was so great, had it happened over where ANY of us were seated, that person would probably be dead, at least paralyzed. I don't wasn't people to fret too much about that scenario. We were very lucky. Some things you can't protect against.

kidzndogz

Well that pic is in a Crv, which is what I have. Looks like the only seating position I can put it in that won't block my view is the drivers side. Same with the Recaro. I don't like that...especially since I'll want number 2 behind me eventually. Damn, I didn't realize how high and awkward it is. Why'd they do that? :( its the same as a Recaro Proride...I can't drive with that thing RF in my backseat either unless it's behind the driver.

Syllieann

When it was rf height limit of 43" they said they were going to test to 1" of shell instead. So now it has a 46" rf limit-is that OR 1" of shell? That seems to be a very reasonable limit but I wonder why they bothered slapping the 46" limit on there instead of just saying 1".

Stelvis

Syllieann said:
When it was rf height limit of 43" they said they were going to test to 1" of shell instead. So now it has a 46" rf limit-is that OR 1" of shell? That seems to be a very reasonable limit but I wonder why they bothered slapping the 46" limit on there instead of just saying 1".

I think they're required to state an RF height limit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
No, they're not. Several seats just have an overall height limit... I know the SK Radians did, before the switch to Diono.

Reactions: Kac

monstah

Adorkable said:
Can folks with experience or knowledge of the Clek Fabric comment of the "Drift" fabric?
(which claim to be constructed of automotive, anti-bacterial fabric without a moisture barrier)
How is it different from the others that are Crypton® Super Fabrics (which claim to be which is stain, moisture and bacteria resistant)
I guess I'm wondering what is the "Pro" to it's "Cons"? since it seems like there needs to be a reason they are giving up the stain and moisture resistance. Is it way more breathable? are the other ones sweaty? Does it wear better in some other way?

I'm getting close to talking myself into preordering two of these for our twins, but struggling on picking TWO colors. and kinda bummed that the black seems like a lessor option. I wish they made a few more solid colors, like purple or red.

I'd suggest giving Clek a call tomorrow. They have wonderful customer service and should be able to answer your question. I'm not sure if anyone here knows that answer. :)

For what it's worth, I have an Oobr in black (shadow I think) and in a full year the most I have done is brush crumbs off of it and it still looks out of the box brand new!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
am i being ridiculous that i think this seat makes the childs head too close to the roof? i get pics in my head of KQ's oddy how the roof crumpled in right into the "head zone" in the front passengers seat...what if it did that above a kiddo and the seat had them that high? \\

There's a good amount of room above the child's head still. And I think that Clek uses that special material for their shell that is super strong yet light weight - I imagine the headrest being above the child's head would be enough to protect their head.

Well that pic is in a Crv, which is what I have. Looks like the only seating position I can put it in that won't block my view is the drivers side. Same with the Recaro. I don't like that...especially since I'll want number 2 behind me eventually. Damn, I didn't realize how high and awkward it is. Why'd they do that? :( its the same as a Recaro Proride...I can't drive with that thing RF in my backseat either unless it's behind the driver.

Is it a CRV? Looking at the headrests and the back pockets on the seats I thought it was one of the GM cross overs (Acadia or Enclave or Traverse.)

lovemybabies924

ketchupqueen said:
Just to point out, the roof crushed because we landed on a rock.

The intrusion was so great, had it happened over where ANY of us were seated, that person would probably be dead, at least paralyzed. I don't wasn't people to fret too much about that scenario. We were very lucky. Some things you can't protect against.

Im just glad ur ok :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC