FF RN

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Too funny this thread popped up today... I'm heading out to turn my RN around as the 5yo has decided RF is no longer cool. :/ I am generally a fan of convertibles for RF, combo seats for FF and dedicated boosters, so we'll see how I feel about it. Seeing that others like it encourages me.

ADS

christineka

I love the radian both ways it faces. My kids have used it both ways. We have never had a head slump issue with it. (We have wingless radians.)

Kel

Got the Trekk seat this morning. My boy's love the camo. I don't think It has any minty green color to It at all. Just several shades of grey. One of the grey's is kind of a medium dove grey. Maybe in weird lighting it could change, but it just looks grey to me...

Anyway, my 2yr old seems to really like it. He didn't want to get out of It. I think the kids are picking up my car seat fetish, lol.

It fits perfect RFing in all of the benches of my 12 passenger van. With the angle adjuster. I tried It FFing just for fun, and again perfect install in just minutes.

The head wings were all the way down all ready {I think}. He is on the 3rd slot from the bottom. When It's time to raise them, do I just reach in and pull? They seem pretty stiff? I was afraid to push/pull to hard?

I wish now it came in a Britax Caitlin cover for my baby girl, lol. Maybe if I wait awhile, they put out another limited edition that's girly?

Kelley

Cryssy Jane

A rode ff for the first time in a radian today. With the people I had in my car there would have been no way to rf two radians and still provide my 6'4" bf passenger space. Happy to report no headslump in the 80sl recline foot down.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

zactayaus

Here's my recently turned 3yo sleeping in his RXT. He's slept in it a million times now and has never once had head slump.:)

2012-06-27180058.jpg

Keeanh

Dose anyone really like their RN for a FFing seat. I know It makes a good RFing seat, as I have one. But I haven't herd to much about It FFing. Just wondering?

Thanks, Kelley

I like it, and the kids sleep fine in it. 4yo rode in it FF to Disneyland, so 20+ hours of driving over 2 days. Although it looks like an upright seat, it usually installs with a gap at the back so there's a decent recline to it. It's totally incompatible with my forward-of-the-bight seatbelts in my Express, though :(.

Mazda Protege:

318257_288137267940192_1681569699_n.jpg

GMC Safari (Astro):

558531_292664604154125_337323440_n.jpg

actuallyamanda

I didnt like ours FFing. It was hard to get a good install but I'm sure that is dependent upon the vehicle. I can see here that some ppl love it and had no problems.

bnsnyde

We use 2 FF. I like the headwings and the steel frame. The harness does not even tighten on one, almost at all, with kid or not. It's set to where she needs it, but it's annoying enough that I'll be happy to get a Frontier85 soon for her. She's also about 40 lbs. and that's Honda's limit. It's SL so I know I can still use it, but again, I think the Frontier at this point makes sense. (seatbelt in her seating position isn't really an option that's any good). And I could not get a good install with seatbelt in the back of my van, FF, so that was a huge problem. But if it was compatible, no problem.

Basically I've loved my Radians FF. I liked them fine RF, too.
Other than the harness, no real complaints.

Keeanh

I didnt like ours FFing. It was hard to get a good install but I'm sure that is dependent upon the vehicle. I can see here that some ppl love it and had no problems.

The problems that I've seen people have FF have been:

- Forward-of-the-bight seatbelts -- not much you can do about that unless you have LATCH to use instead.

- They haven't dropped down the recline foot

- They are trying to get it flush with the vehicle seatback and think there's something wrong with sliding the seat forward a bit and having a triangular space behind the seat. When in fact, that's just fine (see my pics in an earlier post).

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My daughter's never been FF, but I used mine FF for kids I was babysitting quite a bit before DD moved out of the infant seat.

I really like the Radian for FF. It's a little challenging to install in the 3rd row of my Suburban, but EVERY car seat is challenging back there due to the forward of the bight belts and the seat geometry. And it can be done, it's just harder than in other seating positions.

None of the kids I've had in my Radians FF have had head shlump issues. Most of the time they've been in XTSLs. I've heard reports back from parents that they've begged their moms to buy seats "Like Elizbiths" - even ones that were pitching fits at home to move into a booster or ones who'd already been in boosters with their parents for a long time.

At this point I do intend to continue using my Radians for FF when my daughter outgrows them RF (which at the rate she's going will be sooner than I like :( ).

Kel

I thank you all again for so many responses.
We've been using the rxt for several days now and really like It. DS4 Is only 26mos, so It's still RFing. With so many loving It FFing, I'm going to plan to use It as his FFing seat. Great and easy install In my van, so that a plus!

Although, In the back of my mind I keep thinking Foofn for his FFing seat, lol.
The thing is I don't love It. But everyone seams pretty impressed with it for FFing. I like the way our xrt looks better. But, the Foofn has the honey comb? Think that's what it's called.
Kelley

arly1983

The problems that I've seen people have FF have been:

- Forward-of-the-bight seatbelts -- not much you can do about that unless you have LATCH to use instead.

- They haven't dropped down the recline foot

- They are trying to get it flush with the vehicle seatback and think there's something wrong with sliding the seat forward a bit and having a triangular space behind the seat. When in fact, that's just fine (see my pics in an earlier post).

The bolded above.

I had never had a problem with it FFing until my MIL's 05 Ford 500 and this was what I was doing wrong. After I stopped trying to get it flush, no problems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC