Disappointed with DOM

aept

Got DS1's new vivo today from Amazon. I'm a little bummed that it had a 11-1-12 DOM. So, slightly over three months old.
I'm guessing its not really old enough to complain about, though?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

keri1292

Three months is nothing really. It had to be made, travel a bit and get sold. Though it would be nice to just walk into the factory and get it hot off the press. lol!

I'm in Rochester too. We're hoping for snow today and not to get skipped like we often do. :rolleyes:

Athena

Actually, that's a really good DOM!

Most of the boosters I've been seeing are 6-7 months after DOM. I do find that really annoying, but I'd be fine with 3. If only I could find one just 3.

laudymama

Not to hijack your thread but I received my amazon chaperone with a DOM of 3/2012 ....almost a full year old:eek: My only solace is that I should probably be done having babies before it expires.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd be fine with that. I've bought new seats the day they were released, and they have arrived with a DOM anywhere from 2-3 months prior. So you might not have been able to get newer.

aept

Well, thanks for the reality check, everybody! I guess I was actually pretty lucky, then.

I must have been even luckier in the past, as i think anything we have that was SK/Diono or Britax was anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months old - except with the SGL, which we bought in-store (I think?) and so I should have been more careful. That was probably 6-8 months old already and I didn't even realize it for quite a while after.

Athena

I got spoiled by the newer DOMs on the Britax convertibles too. Now 6 months seems really, really old. :eek:

aept

Three months is nothing really. It had to be made, travel a bit and get sold. Though it would be nice to just walk into the factory and get it hot off the press. lol!

I'm in Rochester too. We're hoping for snow today and not to get skipped like we often do. :rolleyes:

We are getting some decent snow now. We're in Webster. Unfortunately my kids had an after school event they were looking forward to and that got cancelled. Also my sister is trying to fly out today to visit our grandma (in the Midwest) who is in hospice care. So this is one time I would have been ok with less snow than predicted! But generally I am annoyed when we get skipped, too.

Stelvis

You have to remember that many seats are probably not in continuous production. They probably do a "run" every few months or when supplies start getting low...

Phineasmama

I would not be upset with a 3 month old DOM. Now 6+ months old I might be annoyed...but 3 months isn't bad at all.

keri1292

We are getting some decent snow now. We're in Webster. Unfortunately my kids had an after school event they were looking forward to and that got cancelled. Also my sister is trying to fly out today to visit our grandma (in the Midwest) who is in hospice care. So this is one time I would have been ok with less snow than predicted! But generally I am annoyed when we get skipped, too.

We're right across the bridge in West Irondequoit. :) I didn't know anyone here was that close to me. Snow has slowed here quite a bit. Hope everyone's plans aren't too ruined. My kids have been outside since school let out at 2:30. Lots of snow = tired kids!

aept

We're right across the bridge in West Irondequoit. :) I didn't know anyone here was that close to me. Snow has slowed here quite a bit. Hope everyone's plans aren't too ruined. My kids have been outside since school let out at 2:30. Lots of snow = tired kids!

Cool, we are pretty close, then. Yay for finding a local carseat fanatic!
My first-grader's bus got stuck (temporarily) in front of our house when they dropped him off! No plows through our neighborhood yet. He came in briefly to put snowpants on and he and his 4-yr brother have been outside since 3:30! They have been promised hot cocoa when they come in :)
I should go wake up the little guy. His late nap doesn't bode well for early bedtime like the big brothers will be ready for!

aept

Ds1 loves his new vivo and so do I. The fit to the vehicle and the belt fit on my son are both great!
Not that we've driven anywhere yet with this snow - we were just hanging out in our garage. I know, I know, what a wild Friday night ;)

Athena

I think you've forgotten where you are. You got to hang out in your garage trying out your awesome new car seat? Sounds like a rockin' good Friday night to me! :p

jeminijad

I just got one of the $85 Lamaze Vias on Amazon. DOM was 8/11... I wouldn't have ordered it if I had known, but I can't be angry, either, since it is so much cheaper than the other Vias.

bekah

My Vivo was 18 months old when I bought it but I got a great deal on it $50 marked down as an online return to Target. But it is expiring and it feels like we barely used it. I bought it for a child I watched occasionally when ds was only 3 so he wasn't using it even part time for another 1.5 years, when he it 5 and now it will expire this year when he's just 8.

AtownMom

Not to hijack your thread but I received my amazon chaperone with a DOM of 3/2012 ....almost a full year old:eek: My only solace is that I should probably be done having babies before it expires.

Yeah, I just got a Kiddy Cruiserfix from Amazon that was over 9 months old :( My only solace is that it has an extremely long time before it expires. (8 years) So I still have over 7 years of use out of it before it expires.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC