Can't find a stroller that fits in a Tahoe

ADS

canadiangie

Behind the 3rd row when it's up?

A Baby Jogger City Mini/Micro single or double fits like a glove behind the 3rd row of my Pilot. It fit great behind the 3rd row of my Explorer, too.

I know that's not 'experience' but it's a good helpful clue, I think. :)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I know you can fit a Bob Revolution but you have to take the rear wheels off.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Kegracin

A Baby Jogger City Mini/Micro single or double fits like a glove behind the 3rd row of my Pilot. It fit great behind the 3rd row of my Explorer, too.

:yeahthat: I have an 03 Yukon and baby jogger city mini double fits back there.

amyd

canadiangie said:

It also fits behind the third row of my Mazda 5.

kalamos23

Is this a newer tahoe? I can fit just about any double in my 99. We have a mountain buggy urban double back there now. That may be an option since it lays pretty flat?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

njkj

Another to say the Baby Jogger City Mini Double fits behind the 3rd row. I have an '05 and its the whole (ok maybe not the whole, lol) reason I bought the BJCMD.

msg221

My oldest SD has a BOB Revolution Duallie and has fit it in her Tahoe. She has newer model Tahoe, but I don't know if she had to take the wheels off.

keri1292

The BJCMD is just amazingly slim.

One of the comments found here...

Ryan Scott says:
I have the 2010 model and when it's folded it's pretty compact. I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with 3rd row seats leaving little cargo area when both halfs of the 3rd row seats are in use. I can have this folded up behind the third row seats (upright) and it fits well. If I fold one of the third row seats up, I fit both my City Mini Double and my City Mini Single beside the other third row seat and it leaves me with the cargo space behind the third row seat that's in use. Hope this helps you out some!

Justin66

This is for an '04 Tahoe with all seats including the third row in use. We would prefer a full size double stroller but honestly it's all about cost-effectiveness and quality. Hope this extra bit of info helps a bit. O and BTW it's for a newborn and my 2 year-old.

Kegracin

Where is the best place to order one of these? How much will it set me back? And is it my best/only option?

Albeebaby has the 2011s for 399. Amazon has one for 385 (the orange one). Watch Wayfair's sale section and Craigslist. Its really an awesome stroller and they hold their value.

I will go see if the combi twin sport will fit back there in a second...that would be a cheaper option but they do not hold their value nor do they push as well as the city mini, I got it before I knew better...thanks to these ladies I have a stroller addiction. (My Yukon is a late 03 and I'm positive nothing changed between 03 and 04.) Nope doesn't fit I wonder if a Maclaren twin Techno would fit but they are just as pricy and I personally didn't care for the wide set handles in this link there are pictures and measurements of it folded.

keri1292

You could also consider strollers that fold to about the size of a golf bag like a Maclaren Twin Techno or Triumph. They would lay down in the trunk and the sturdy frame Combis fold the same way, but are less sturdy than Mac's. We used a Mac double with our newborn and it was great. The BJCM may need a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Snuzzler-Head-Body-Support/dp/B000BK8OVG"]Snuzzler[/ame] (which is NOT SAFE for car seats, but great for strollers) to accommodate a newborn.

I don't know what your budget is, but I am in LOVE with my City Mini GT. Same as the regular version, but has beefier tires. I like being able to have one stroller for neighborhood walks, mall crawling and grassy terrain. The only thing it can't handle is the beach, but that's not a dealbreaker for us.

Kaitsmom

You shouldnt put anything between the baby and the car seat. They compress in a crash, leaving the straps too loose and risking your baby being ejected. Some seats specifically say that aftermarket products void the warrenty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC