Can we talk about my CCO and a possible replacement?

ADS

Rosey

Here is a youtube video of the tippiness for those who don't have the seat: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFINVFX-aBs"]YouTube - Combi Coccoro - before installation fix (with audio)[/ame]

She was able to fix hers by reclining the seat. I do not have the issue at all in my caravan's captain's chair with latch and I use the seat as a travel system almost daily.

All I could think of was the truefit as well.

Kat_Momof3

it sounds like a general incompatibility between you, your vehicles, and the seat...

I would sell the ones that you have that you don't like and buy ones that you like better in the vehicles in question.

Go shopping... try before you buy if you can... and find ones you'll be happy with.

my feeling is you may end up with a truefit premier... it's short (before you have to add the headrest) and it has that wonderful anti-rebound bar.

or you might love the graco myride.

who knows what seat you'll love until you go try a bunch?

mommycat

my feeling is you may end up with a truefit premier... it's short (before you have to add the headrest) and it has that wonderful anti-rebound bar.

or you might love the graco myride.

The headrest needs to go on at 22lbs - it sounds like that's pretty soon. :twocents:

I really love my MyRide.... :love:

featherhead

For me the MyRide and EFTA take up less room than the TFP. The TFP takes up more room than my Keyfit, unless I install it more upright than 35 degrees :whistle:

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I found our EFTA to be great about front to back room. Because of the 'egg shape' maybe. And I loved that seat, with a passion. It was so solid and comfy. And as long as you don't have issues with reaching the adjuster knobs while rear-facing, it's a dream!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
kidzndogz said:
Jennie, can you give me a hand with my CCO when you get here? I need someone else who is familiar with them to tell me if my install is similar or not.

Yes, but I'll have to charge you my normal rate. :p

Just kidding. Of course I'll help you.

mimieliza

Wait, did I see a post saying you have a 40 lb. RA? Just use that! God, I love that seat RFing. Incrediby easy, solid installation, RFing tether, small size, and super easy to get baby in and out.

Mom2three

I have squishy cloth seats and get a great install with my CCO in my car. But in DHs new pickup it easy to tip it. We just skipped the CCO in his pickup and got a MA70. I realize this won't be the last seat that DS will need, but for now it works great in the pickup. It takes up little space front to back and installs great. I think I saw somewhere that Babycatalogue has them for $189 right now.

canadiangie

Wait, did I see a post saying you have a 40 lb. RA? Just use that! God, I love that seat RFing. Incrediby easy, solid installation, RFing tether, small size, and super easy to get baby in and out.

I agree! If you have a RA40 I'd use it! Love that little seat. It's like a classic.

kidzndogz

RA50 available? Yup, I'd use it.

Won't that be just as tall as the BLVD? And it sits higher up so it'll be even less low-profile than the BLVD?

I'll try it, lol. I'm just being lazy because our garage allows no room to play and I truly hate his car.

Mama Jo

Won't that be just as tall as the BLVD? And it sits higher up so it'll be even less low-profile than the BLVD?

I'll try it, lol. I'm just being lazy because our garage allows no room to play and I truly hate his car.

The RA50 will likely be just as tall as the BV, but maybe without the headwings it might be slightly less obstructive?? You'll probably still hate it though... lol

Get a RA55 :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC